2 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Explore the neighborhood made famous by the 2008 film "Slumdog Millionaire" with a resident guide to illuminate the challenges and issues facing residents who make their home there. Walk through Dharavi and see the way residents make their living, including plastic recycling, soap production, pottery, and other methods. Stop by local schools and churches to get a sense of the community while listening to your guide's sensitive commentary.
- Travel with a college student guide who is a resident of Dharavi
- Choice of group or private tour
- Learn about the neighborhood through guided commentary
- Get the best sense of the community through a walking tour
Saved to wishlist!
Local guide and professional Guide
Food and drinks
Hotel pickup and drop-off (if you want we can arrange for you)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
we pick up from your accommodation in Mumbai
- Mumbai Airport, Maharashtra 400099, Mumbai India
- Alexander Dock(Green Gate)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please note that dress codes are conservative throughout India; modest and respectful clothing that covers the shoulders and knees is recommended
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Tour Guides are college student live in Dharavi Slum which help them with their studied.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 2 travelers
- OPERATED BY Mystical Mumbai
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Compare Similar Experiences
Dharavi Slum Tour in Mumbai
4 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Shore ExcursionsCity ToursWalking ToursPorts of Call ToursWalking & Biking ToursCruises, Sailing & Water ToursCultural & Theme ToursShore ExcursionsTours & SightseeingMumbaiShore Excursions - PuneCity Tours - PuneWalking Tours - PunePorts of Call Tours - PuneShore Excursions - AurangabadCity Tours - AurangabadWalking Tours - AurangabadPorts of Call Tours - AurangabadShore Excursions - GoaCity Tours - GoaWalking Tours - GoaPorts of Call Tours - GoaCategory
ColabaChurchgateImagica Water ParkChor BazaarMahalakshmi TempleBanganga Tank (Banganga Talav)Red Carpet Wax Museum Filmcity (Dadasaheb Phalke Chitranagri)Fashion Street Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalaya (CSMVS)Bhaja CavesS.J. StudiosBombay PanjrapoleMumbadevi TempleShree Siddhivinayak Ganapati TempleKarla CavesKamala Nehru ParkRegal Circle (SP Mukherjee Chowk)ISKCON Temple of Mumbai Essel World