- Private city tour of Mumbai, including Dharavi Slum
- Walk through Dharavi, with its huts, industries, recycling yard, and Kumbharwada pottery area
- Learn about daily life here and absorb the strong community spirit
- View Mumbai’s top landmarks including the Gateway to India and Rajabai Clock Tower
- Entrance fees, and private transport with hotel, cruise port, or train station pickup or drop-off included
- Personalized attention from a private guide
- Price per vehicle, based on a maximum of five passengers
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We pick up from your accommodation
- Mumbai Airport, Maharashtra 400099, Mumbai India
- Alexander Dock(Green Gate)
What To Expect
Delve into the streets in a private, air-conditioned car with your guide, and hear about Mumbai’s history, including its time under British rule from the 18th to the 20th century, and how it is India’s second largest city, with a population of about 18.4 million.
Stop first at the vast Dharavi Slum, Asia’s biggest, and home to nearly a million people. Take a walk through this town-within-a-town, crammed with thousands of makeshift huts. Learn about daily life here, and pass tiny bread and sweet shops, interspersed with dimly-lit manufacturing units hosting small-scale clothes-, pottery-, and soap-making businesses.
Absorb the strong sense of community, and visit the plastic and metal recycling yard, where workers sort materials for re-use, before delving into Kumbharwada, the community of clay potters dubbed the ‘city of lamps.’ Explore the lanes here, weaving through thousands of hand-made, kiln-fired pots being crafted as oil lamps for festivals.
Having explored Dharavi, take a tour of the colonial and modern faces of Mumbai. Admire the Gateway of India, built to commemorate a 1911 visit by King George V, and see the imposing Taj Mahal Palace hotel, opened in 1903.
Hear historical tales and anecdotes en route, and stop at landmarks including the UNESCO-listed Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus train station, Mumbai University with its Big Ben-style Rajabai Clock Tower, and the Oval Cricket Ground and Bombay High Court.
See Mumbai’s dhobi ghat — Asia’s biggest open-air laundry — together with Mahatma Gandhi's former residence, and the Hanging Gardens on top of water tanks. Plus, drive past the colonial buildings on Marine Drive, seeing the Prince of Wales Museum, Flora Fountain, the Telegraph Office, and more.
Your tour then ends back at the departure point.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Price is per vehicle; A maximum of 5 people per booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Mystical Mumbai
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
See all safety measures taken by Private Mumbai Sightseeing Tour Including Dharavi Slum.