3 to 4 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Explore our promoted experiences
Saved to wishlist!
40 min to 1 hour hot-air balloon ride (weather dependent)
Coffee and/or Tea
Departure & Return
7901 Solano Ave, Yountville, CA 94599, USA
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Minimum age is 8 years and minimum height is 57 inches tall. It is at the pilots discretion who is deemed safe to fly
- MUST provide on the road phone number at time of booking. Failure to provide this information will result in cancellation
- Guests with weights of 260 lbs (118kg) or more will be charged an additional fee of $275
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- OPERATED BY Napa Valley Balloons
You can cancel up to 4 days in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- If you cancel less than 3 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 3 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 4 full days before the experience’s start time.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the departure point for the Wine Country Hot-Air-Balloon Ride?
A:The Hot Air Balloon ride departs from Vintners Golf Club at 7901 Solano Ave, Yountville, CA. After being checked in and a brief orientation, guests are driven directly to the launch site.
What should I wear for the Wine Country Hot-Air-Balloon Ride?
A:The coldest part of your morning will be on the ground! Come dressed in comfortable layered clothing. Walking shoes and a hat are also recommended and of course, don't forget your camera.
Are Hot Air Balloons safe?
A:Absolutely! Flying is the safest form of transportation and, statically speaking, ballooning is the safest form of flight. Believe it or not, getting in and out of the basket is the most challenging part of the whole flight!
Why is the Wine Country Hot-Air-Balloon Ride departure so early in the morning?
A:Balloons fly best in cool, calm, stable air which in Napa is usually just after sunrise. Meeting times will vary throughout the year to reflect the change in sunrise times.
How high do we fly during the Wine Country Hot-Air-Balloon Ride?
A:Most balloonists enjoy low-level flight. Typical hot air balloon rides in Napa average between tree-level and approximately 2,000 ft.
How long is the entire Wine Country Hot-Air-Balloon Ride experience?
A:You will spend approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour in flight, however, please allow 3-4 hours for the entire experience.
Can I bring my small child with me on the Wine Country Hot-Air-Balloon Ride?
A:Children must be taller than 57 inches and at least 8 years old to participate.
Can i participate in the Wine Country Hot-Air-Balloon Ride if I am pregnant?
A:Unfortunately, no. Expecting mothers are not permitted to fly.
What will we see during the Wine Country Hot-Air-Balloon Ride?
A:Your experienced and knowledgeable hot air balloon pilot will act as your guide and entertainer while pointing out local highlights and welcoming questions from you and fellow adventurers.
Can I bring my dog with me on the Wine Country Hot-Air-Balloon Ride?
A:Pets are not allowed on the balloon for safety reasons.
Are there restrictions for participating in the Wine Country Hot-Air-Balloon Ride?
A:Due to safety, people suffering from chronic pain, have a recent injury, have recently had major surgery, are unable to stand without assistance for more than an hour, require assistance walking, or cannot climb stairs cannot participate.
What is the policy on sanitization during Wine Country Hot-Air Balloon Ride from Yountville, CA?
A:The policy on sanitization is:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
What is the social distancing policy during Wine Country Hot-Air Balloon Ride from Yountville, CA?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
Explore Similar Things to Do
Unique ExperiencesRomantic ToursHot Air Balloon RidesExtremeHalf-day ToursAir, Helicopter & Balloon ToursWeddings & HoneymoonsOutdoor ActivitiesLuxury & Special OccasionsTours & SightseeingUnique ExperiencesNapa & SonomaUnique Experiences - CaliforniaRomantic Tours - CaliforniaHot Air Balloon Rides - CaliforniaExtreme - CaliforniaHalf-day Tours - CaliforniaUnique Experiences - SausalitoRomantic Tours - SausalitoHot Air Balloon Rides - SausalitoExtreme - SausalitoHalf-day Tours - SausalitoUnique Experiences - San FranciscoRomantic Tours - San FranciscoHot Air Balloon Rides - San FranciscoExtreme - San FranciscoHalf-day Tours - San FranciscoCategory
Sonoma Valley Wine Trolley Tours & TicketsAndretti Winery Tours & TicketsAlexander Valley Tours & TicketsCalistoga Tours & TicketsBenziger Family Winery Tours & TicketsGloria Ferrer Caves and Vineyards Tours & TicketsZD Wines Tours & TicketsGrgich Hills Estate Tours & TicketsSutter Home Family Vineyards Tours & TicketsFort Ross State Historic Park Tours & TicketsViansa Sonoma Winery Tours & TicketsV. Sattui Winery Tours & TicketsJenner Tours & TicketsCastello di Amorosa Tours & TicketsSafari West Tours & TicketsJacuzzi Family Vineyards Tours & TicketsHopMonk Tavern Tours & TicketsLarson Family Winery Tours & TicketsSebastopol Tours & TicketsOxbow Public Market Tours & Tickets