- Travel by air-conditioned coach from coast to volcano
- Learn about the Mt. Vesuvius eruption on a guided Pompeii tour
- See ruins of Roman baths that hark back to ancient times
- Explore the crater area at Mt. Vesuvius before you return to the coast
Departure & Return
Please meet our Guide by the entrance of StarHotel Terminus We suggest to arrive at meeting point 10 minutes prior to the departure.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Once on the coach, travel inland, away from the coast to the ancient city of Pompeii. Famous as the city that lay buried beneath mounds of volcanic ash after the eruption of Mt. Vesuvius, Pompeii today is one of Italy’s largest—and best preserved—complex of ruins.
See its highlights on a guided tour with a guide, and wander through the historic streets to see old Roman baths, villas, and forums.
Leave Pompeii after your tour, and head onward to Mt. Vesuvius, traveling to an altitude of 3,280 feet (1,000 meters). How you spend your time at the crater is up to you; a local mountain guide is on hand, should you want a guided tour at your own expense.
Later, return to Sorrento with your group, and finish with a drop-off at the start point.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- In case the Vesuvius will be closed due to bad weather, in alternative will be provided a panoramic tour of Naples
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- IMPORTANT NOTE: From the 6th August to enter the ruins of Pompeii, as per law, it's required the Green Pass, so make sure to have all the documentation otherwise the access will be forbidden.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 29 travelers
- OPERATED BY Travel etc. - Gray Line Amalfi Coast
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Day Trip to Pompeii Ruins & Mt. Vesuvius Volcano from Naples.