- Private full-day Sigiriya, village, and Minneriya National Park tour from Kandy
- Visit Sirigiya rock to see its 5th-century ruins and frescoes
- Village tour (additional cost) with ox cart ride, boat trip, and cooking demo and tuition
- Enjoy a traditional Sri Lankan lunch of dishes like curries, rice, river fish
- Watch for elephants, leopard, and other wildlife at Minneriya National Park
- Private air-conditioned transport and hotel pickup and drop-off included, with entrance fees and village tour at own expense
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
- Bandaranaike International Airport, Canada Friendship Rd, කටුනායක 11450, Sri Lanka
What To Expect
Learn about this UNESCO-listed, 590-foot (180-meter) rock from your driver-guide on route, and head inside (own expense) and climb to the summit.
Enter the stone lion paws gateway and see the stunning rock-face frescoes of maidens. At the top, admire the bird’s-eye views and explore the tiered gardens and frescoes of the 5th-century palace of King Kasyapa.
Next, visit a nearby village for a fascinating tour (additional cost). Enjoy a brief ox cart ride and reservoir cruise on a fishing catamaran, and visit a village house for a cooking demonstration. Then, prep a dish for yourself before enjoying an authentic Sri Lankan buffet of staples like curries, rice, river fish, poppadum, and fruit or curd with treacle for dessert.
Next, travel to Minneriya National Park, a forest and wetland reserve centered on a 3rd-century reservoir and famous for its elephants. Go inside (own expense) and enjoy a safari to look for elephants as well as species such as leopard and sloth. Watch, too, for deer, saltwater crocodiles, monkeys, and the local and migratory birdlife.
Lastly, finish with a hotel drop-off in Kandy.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Hats & comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- A maximum of 8 people per booking
- Depending on the road traffic conditions allocated time will differ.
- A walk, between the paws of a giant historic lion fortress
- A chance to learn to cook Sri Lankan food
- A taste of authentic Sri Lankan food and traditions
- A chance to elephants, deer, monkeys, crocodiles and many other wildlife on an exclusive safari
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Lakpura LLC
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Sustainable Tour (10 Days).