Don’t worry—here are some similar options
- Stroll through the streets of Old Delhi on this cultural morning tour
- Enjoy the famous paratha wali gali, delicious stuffed fried bread, with fresh creamy curd and home made pickles
- Sip a cup of Chai tea
- Traveling in a small group allowing a unique and intimate experience
- English-speaking guide
Departure & Return
Hotel Jivitesh, 11, Pusa Road, opposite Metro Pillar 87,Near Karol Bagh Metro Station , New Delhi
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Enjoy lunch at the famous Paratha Wali Gali, where stuffed fried breads and creamy curd are paired with spicy homemade pickles. Watch as local chefs prepare this midday feast and fresh ingredients make their way from smoking pans to tawas (hot plates). Your guide will also take you to sites associated with the 1857 Mutiny—India’s First War of Independence—and share stories about the old and more recent struggle for independence. Come away with a deeper understanding of Hinduism after stops at several temples.
Finally, end your trip with a bit of exploration on your own, or ask your guide to assist with arranging a taxi to take you to your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Dress standards are conservative throughout Asia, especially outside major cities. To respect this and for your own comfort, we strongly recommend modest clothing. This means clothing that covers your shoulders and knees. Loose, lightweight, long clothing is both respectful and cool in the predominantly hot Asian climate.
- This is a child-friendly tour. Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed above. Please select ‘child’ above when booking. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge. Please inform us at the time of booking if you’ll be bringing a child under the age of 6. You can do so in the special request box on the checkout page.
- This trip is offered on a "join-in" basis. Maximum group size is 12
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Local Impact: How you will help the local community by joining this tour:
- Through this tour, we introduce different religions to our travellers, like Hinduism and Sikhism, which in turn fosters more cultural awareness and acceptance.
- We hire local rickshaw drivers for your tour versus taking taxis, who work very hard to earn a living for their families.
- On your tour you also visit local chai spots and taste local snacks at venues which are not accessible without a local guide leading the way, rather than more touristy areas.
- Most travelers can participate
- As the Delta variant of COVID-19 has proven to be highly transmissible and poses significant increased safety risk, effective September 1, 2021, travellers aged 18+ must produce proof of COVID-19 vaccination on Intrepid Urban Adventures tours. Children aged 6-17 must present a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery, or proof of vaccination. View full policy at urbanadventures.com/vaccine.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Urban Adventures - India
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Old Delhi Half Day Small Group Tour.