- Full-day combo tour: swamp tour and Oak Alley Plantation
- Ride an airboat around the waterway
- Stop to snap pics of ‘gators and other swamp critters
- Explore the plantation mansion with a costumed guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from New Orleans
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We pick up from most New Orleans hotels. Please specify your hotel if it's not listed in the drop-down menu.
What To Expect
Wander the 25-acre (10-hectare) grounds at your own pace during your free time. Visit the blacksmith shop, snap photos of antique farm equipment, or peruse exhibits on slavery and the Civil War. Grab lunch and beverages at the restaurant or cafe (own expense) before the tour moves to the swamp.
Next, board the bus and drive to the site of your swamp tour. On arrival, board a 16-passenger airboat with stadium-style seating for a high-speed adventure through the swamp. You'll have unobstructed views of wildlife, including an up-close look at the star attraction: alligators.
Your captain is experienced at searching out these reptiles, even during hibernation in colder months. The airboat, propelled by a large fan that blows air from the back of the vessel, can produce speeds of up to 35 mph (56 kph). You'll ride in just inches of water into parts of the swamp that are inaccessible to traditional boats or vehicles.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Confirmation received at time of booking
- Children Must be at least 48 inches
- Air-boats are not recommended for people with back or neck problems and pregnant women.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- OPERATED BY Louisiana Tour company
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Oak Alley Plantation and Large Airboat Swamp Tour from New Orleans.