5 to 6 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Explore our promoted experiences
Visit two of the best-preserved antebellum plantations near New Orleans on this private tour to Oak Alley and Laura: A Creole Plantation. Take a docent-led tour at each site to learn about the complex and often dark history of the rural south, including the impact of slavery in Louisiana. After each tour, your private driver and guide can escort you around the grounds and answer any additional questions.
- Explore two historic plantations within an hour’s drive of New Orleans
- Guided tours cover the lives of both free and enslaved people
- See the contrast of mansions and gardens with slave cottages
- No rental car needed, as tour includes private transport from New Orleans
Saved to wishlist!
A stop for lunch is optional, cost not included.
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We will pick up at your location of choice within New Orleans City Limits
- Louis Armstrong Intl Airport, 900 Airline Dr, Kenner, LA 70062
- Port of New Orleans
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Infant seats available
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Stroller accessible
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Nouvelle Orleans 1718 Private Tours
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Double Plantation Tour: Oak Alley and Laura?
A:The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Double Plantation Tour: Oak Alley and Laura?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Double Plantation Tour: Oak Alley and Laura?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Compare Similar Experiences
Double Plantation Tour: Oak Alley and Laura
5 to 6 hours
7 hours 30 minutes
8 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursHistorical ToursPlantation ToursHalf-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingNew OrleansBus Tours - LouisianaHistorical Tours - LouisianaPlantation Tours - LouisianaHalf-day Tours - LouisianaBus Tours - Orange BeachHistorical Tours - Orange BeachPlantation Tours - Orange BeachHalf-day Tours - Orange BeachBus Tours - DestinHistorical Tours - DestinPlantation Tours - DestinHalf-day Tours - DestinCategory
Destrehan Plantation Tours & TicketsNational WWII Museum Tours & TicketsLake Pontchartrain Tours & TicketsOgden Museum of Southern Art Tours & TicketsPreservation Hall Tours & TicketsSt. Joseph Plantation Tours & TicketsFrenchmen Street Tours & TicketsJean Lafitte National Historical Park and Preserve Tours & TicketsAudubon Park Tours & TicketsMardi Gras World Tours & TicketsSan Francisco Plantation Tours & TicketsSydney and Walda Besthoff Sculpture Garden Tours & TicketsStoryville District Tours & TicketsHoumas House Tours & TicketsHotel Monteleone Tours & TicketsNew Orleans Historic Voodoo Museum Tours & TicketsMusical Legends Park Tours & TicketsMagazine Street Tours & TicketsBackstreet Cultural Museum Tours & TicketsDegas House Tours & Tickets