Explore our promoted experiences
Departure & Return
We are in the back of Moffett Hangar, the building immediately to the left of the main terminal, facing the ramp. From the main parking lot, take a left and then an immediate right. We are at the end of the street directly across from the terminal.
What To Expect
As you hit the sky, enjoy the unique juxtaposition of New Orleans cityscape and the vast surrounding swampland, and learn how to maneuver above the city neighborhoods and plantation estates. Catch unbeatable views of the French Quarter as it hugs into the curve of the Mississippi River, the impressive Mercedes-Benz Superdome — home to the New Orleans Saints NFL team — and the magnificent bayou system that surrounds the city.
As your 30-minute flight time ends, your instructor will lead you through the touchdown procedure and help you safely guide the plane to the ground. Don’t forget to have your first flight recorded in your official logbook!
Please note: Reservation time for your flight and any on-plane observers must by confirmed by phone at least 12 hours in advance of travel date. Observers not guaranteed without confirmation. Observer cost is $115 per person (paid upon arrival), with a maximum of 2 observers permitted.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please note: you must call supplier 12 hours in advance of travel date to confirm a flight time and observer attendance (additional observer fee to be paid, maximum of 2 observers allowed), observers are not guaranteed unless they have been confirmed prior to date of travel.
- Minimum age is 10 years to enjoy a lesson, minimum age is 5 years to be an observer.
- A minimum of 1 person per booking is allowed per lesson. An additional passenger may be added as an observer for an additional fee (must contact supplier).
- A maximum of 3 people per booking (includes observers).
- Dress code is weather dependent; there is no air conditioning in the summer months.
- Food and drinks are not allowed on the aircraft.
- There are no restrooms on board.
- No large bags are allowed on the aircraft, only small purses and bags.
- This lesson is not recommended for those who are prone to motion sickness, please take the necessary precautions as refunds will not be provided in matters regarding these situations. Pregnant women are recommended to speak with their physician before flying.
- All passenger weights MUST be advised at time of booking, the combined weight must not exceed 450 lbs and no individual can exceed 300 lbs.
- You will be required to sign a safety waiver before take-off.
- Flight time is defined as the time from engine start to engine shutdown. This includes the time it takes to get from the ramp to the runway and back, before and after takeoff and landing.
- You will be required to provide photo ID at time of arrival.
- In the event of a unique weather situation, we will reschedule at no charge to you to another date and time within two weeks of the original booking, so please have an alternate date and time in mind. Refunds are not available if a flight must be rescheduled due to weather conditions.
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY New Orleans Aerial Tours & Flight Training
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff