45 minutes (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Explore our promoted experiences
Step into the past at the Gallier House in New Orleans—one of the finest surviving examples of 19th-century townhome living in the French Quarter. On a guided tour, see authentic Victorian furnishings and architectural details, including innovative 1860’s features like indoor plumbing. Plus, learn about the history and former inhabitants of this urban plantation home and the enslaved people whose labor supported the wealthy Gallier family.
- Gain insight into the antebellum era on a guided tour of the historic Gallier House
- Admire Victorian art, furnishings, and interior design including trompe l’oeil paintings
- Learn about plantation life and economics without leaving the French Quarter
- Named a National Historic Landmark for its architectural and historic value
Saved to wishlist!
Departure & Return
1132 Royal St, New Orleans, LA 70116, USA
Please check in at the front desk inside the gift shop.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Hermann-Grima + Gallier Historic Houses
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Compare Similar Experiences
Gallier Historic House Guided Tour
1 hour 45 minutes
1 hour 15 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Walking ToursHistorical ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursLuxury & Special OccasionsTours & SightseeingNew OrleansWalking Tours - LouisianaHistorical Tours - LouisianaWalking Tours - Orange BeachHistorical Tours - Orange BeachWalking Tours - DestinHistorical Tours - DestinCategory
Storyville District Louisiana Children's Museum (LCM)1850 HousePort of New Orleans (Port NOLA)Old U.S. MintMississippi RiverDegas HouseLaLaurie MansionCourt of Two SistersPreservation HallFrenchmen StreetAudubon Nature InstituteBeauregard-Keyes HouseCabildoNew Canal LighthouseFaubourg MarignyHistoric New Orleans Collection (HNOC)Lafayette SquareNational WWII MuseumHard Rock Cafe New Orleans