- Entrance ticket and guided tour at historic Houmas House mansion
- Explore the extensive gardens on a 38-acre estate on a self-guided tour
- Every room of the 16-room mansion is accessible and allows photography
- See the room where Bette Davis stayed in 1963 when she was filming at the plantation
- Explore the extensive gift shop complete with antiques, local art, large book section, and one-of-a-kind items
Departure & Return
The Houmas House gift shop is the main entrance. Upon entering, guests can redeem their voucher or purchase tickets. The gift shop attendant will direct all guests to the starting point for the guided mansion tour. Please allow at least 20 minutes to get to starting point of guided tour.
The guided tour starts in the front of the mansion and ends in the rear of the mansion.
What To Expect
Join one of the regularly scheduled House tours, at which point you’ll meet your costumed guide at the mansion’s entrance. On the tour, immerse yourself in the story and splendor of the old South as your guide leads you through lavish and traditionally decorated rooms, speckled with artwork and antiques. Hear the architectural history of the home, a stronghold plantation estate, and see the room where Bette Davis stayed while filming the 1963 movie Hush, Hush Sweet Charlotte.
Spend your time before and after the house tour exploring the magnificent 38‐acre (15‐hectare) estate. Leisurely wind along manicure paths and through the exquisite gardens, find a quaint sitting nook for a rest, or head to one of the estate’s restaurants or café for a locally inspired lunch – and maybe a mint julep.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Houmas House is completely handicap accessible. Walking paths throughout the grounds make it easy for wheelchairs. Golf cart service is available upon request. The mansion is equipped with an elevator for guests not able to navigate stairs.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- OPERATED BY Houmas House Plantation and Gardens
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Houmas House Plantation Guided Tour.