- 2-hour Mardi Gras walking tour in New Orleans
- Discover the traditions behind America's most famous Fat Tuesday celebration
- See the parade route and famous party spots
- Visit the French Quarter's historic sites
- Learn about New Orleans' haunted history
- Try your hand at ghost hunting
Departure & Return
Tours meet and depart on the sidewalk in front of the American Sports Saloon located at 1200 Decatur Street New Orleans LA 70116 Tours do not meet inside the Saloon
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Along the way, learn about the city’s unique confluence of cultures, and hear stories of famous former and current residents—from pirates and prostitutes to Hollywood celebrities who have set up house in the neighborhood’s historic Creole mansions. Stand before some the most beautiful homes of the Quarter, and visit several national historic landmarks including St. Louis Cathedral, the Cabildo, and the Old Ursuline Convent.
While New Orleans is filled with mirth and celebration during Mardi Gras, a more sinister side also lurks among the storied streets. Learn how the city earned its haunted reputation as you stroll past notorious sites known for wandering spirits, ghost sightings, and vampire legends. If you like, engage in a bit of ghost hunting yourself with a provided EMF meter and paranormal detector. You might be surprised at what you find.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This is a seasonal tour only operating during Mardi Gras.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 28 travelers
- OPERATED BY Show Me New Orleans Tours
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by New Orleans Mardi Gras Walking Tour.