Explore our promoted experiences
- 3-hour tour of New Orleans’ sights and cemeteries
- See historic landmarks and impressive architecture throughout the French Quarter and Garden District
- Learn about the city's history, culture and famous figures from a knowledgeable guide
- Walk around the notorious St Louis Cemetery No. 3, a sea of above-ground tombs
- Visit the grave of Marie Laveau, the Voodoo Queen of New Orleans
- Choose from several morning and afternoon tour times
Departure & Return
Please be outside of the Doubletree Hotel (Tchoupitoulas St. Entrance) at the beginning of the pickup window. Please see pickup time below. Your shuttle departs promptly. 9:00AM Tour (Picks up at 8:30AM) 11:45AM Tour (Picks up at 11:15AM) 3:00PM Tour (Picks up at 2:30PM)
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Leaving the French Quarter, you’ll pass Jackson Square, an honorary landmark to New Orleans’ war hero Andrew Jackson. See Louisiana’s Cabildo and Presbytere museums and the Pontalba Apartments, the oldest apartment buildings in the United States!
Next, continue to the famous Tremé neighborhood, known historically as a rich cultural melting pot and jazz hotspot, and more recently as the setting for the popular HBO series Tremé. Then visit the opulent Garden District to view a beautifully preserved collection of gorgeous antebellum mansions and pristine gardens. From here, get a great view of Lake Pontchartrain Causeway – the world’s longest bridge.
You’ll soon arrive at St Louis Cemetery No 3, the oldest and most famous cemetery in New Orleans. Marvel at the thousands of 18th‐ and 19th‐century tombs and mausoleums of varying extravagance. Your guide will explain the reason for above‐ground burial and introduce some of the site’s famous residents such as Marie Laveau, New Orleans’ beloved voodoo priestess. Wander through the labyrinth of graves to locate her tomb, a spiritual destination for people from across the world.
At the end of your tour, you'll be dropped back off at the original starting location.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- During warmer months, we recommend that you wear lightly colored clothing; caps/hats and umbrellas are also suggested
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 35 travelers
- OPERATED BY Cajun Encounters Tour Co.
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by New Orleans City and Cemetery Sightseeing Tour.