7 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Explore our promoted experiences
Visiting Louisiana’s historic plantations provides insight into life in the Antebellum South and one of the most significant periods in US history, and this tour visits two in one day. Experience 19th-century life at Destrehan Plantation with a guide in period dress. Afterwards, head to Houmas House for a delicious, elegant lunch, a tour of the sugar cane plantation, and magnificent views along the Mississippi River.
- Tour two Louisiana plantations with period costumed guides
- Delicious, gourmet Southern-style lunch at the Houmas House Plantation
- Hassle-free pickup and drop-off at your central New Orleans hotel
- Private tour ensures the undivided attention of your guide
Saved to wishlist!
Transport by air-conditioned van
Guided tour of Houmas House plantation
Lunch with all taxes and gratuity (Vegetarian, dairy-free and gluten-free options)
Guided tour of Destrehan plantation
Hotel pickup and drop-off, with exact pick up time provided
Gourmet, unlimited buffet lunch
Beer, wine and cocktail drinks (available for purchase)
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Please specify hotel at time of booking. We pick up in New Orleans at any hotel, Bed & Breakfast or select Airbnbs, uptown (close to St. Charles Ave.), in (or close to) the French Quarter, and on the Westbank. We do not pick up by the airport, in New Orleans East, in Slidell, or on the North Shore.
Supplier will contact you the day before your tour to give you an exact pick up time.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals are permitted. Please advise at time of booking to arrange accommodations
- Gluten-free and Vegetarian lunch options available
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Tours by Isabelle
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Private Louisiana Plantations Tour with Gourmet Lunch from New Orleans?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Private Louisiana Plantations Tour with Gourmet Lunch from New Orleans?
A:The policy on sanitization is:
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Compare Similar Experiences
Private Louisiana Plantations Tour with Gourmet Lunch from New Orleans
7 hours 30 minutes
7 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursHistorical ToursFull-day ToursPlantation ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingNew OrleansBus Tours - LouisianaHistorical Tours - LouisianaFull-day Tours - LouisianaPlantation Tours - LouisianaBus Tours - Orange BeachHistorical Tours - Orange BeachFull-day Tours - Orange BeachPlantation Tours - Orange BeachBus Tours - DestinHistorical Tours - DestinFull-day Tours - DestinPlantation Tours - DestinCategory
San Francisco PlantationAudubon ParkMardi Gras WorldHistoric New Orleans Collection (HNOC)New Canal LighthouseOgden Museum of Southern ArtSt. Joseph PlantationBackstreet Cultural MuseumNapoleon HousePort of New Orleans (Port NOLA)Audubon Aquarium of the AmericasAudubon Nature InstituteLake PontchartrainConfederate Memorial Hall MuseumRoyal StreetSt. Louis Cemetery No. 1Lafayette Cemetery No. 1LaLaurie MansionSydney and Walda Besthoff Sculpture GardenLongue Vue House and Gardens