Explore our promoted experiences
- Full-day tour to two antebellum plantations from New Orleans
- Enjoy the antiques, artwork, and gourmet lunch at the Houmas House Plantation
- Hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Small-group tour limited to 14 people for a more intimate experience
- Learn of the 1811 Slave Revolt with guided admission to this separate exhibit at Destrehan
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Please specify hotel at time of purchase. We pick up in New Orleans at any hotel, Bed & Breakfast or select Airbnbs, uptown (close to St. Charles Ave.), in (or close to) the French Quarter, and on the Westbank.
We do not pick up by the airport, in New Orleans East, in Slidell, or on the North Shore.
Supplier will contact you the day before your tour to give you an exact pick up time.
What To Expect
At Destrehan Plantation, the oldest documented plantation home in the Mississippi Valley, a costumed guide leads you through the restored antebellum mansion. Hear stories of the estate’s former owners and slaves, and explore a separate exhibit dedicated to the 1811 slave revolt, before taking a self‐guided tour through vibrant gardens and down oak‐lined paths.
Then, travel to Houmas House and immerse yourself in the story and splendor of the old South as you tour its lavish and traditionally decorated rooms, speckled with artwork and antiques. Indulge in a gourmet, unlimited buffet lunch and relax on the grounds of the famed plantation. After lunch, follow your guide and hear the architectural history of the home and see the room where Bette Davis stayed while filming the 1963 movie Hush, Hush Sweet Charlotte.
Your tour ends with drop-off at your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Service animals are permitted. Please advise at time of booking to arrange accommodations
- Child rate applies to all children and infants
- Gluten-free and Vegetarian lunch options available
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Tours by Isabelle
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
See all safety measures taken by Small-Group Louisiana Plantations Tour with Gourmet Lunch from New Orleans.
- "good food - great sights - marvelous guide - enough free time to make it worthwhile." See review