- Riverboat harbor cruise
- See the bustling activity of America's second largest port
- Select option to add on a delicious tableside meal for mid-day departure
- View the skyline of 'The Crescent City' from the decks or climate-controlled comfort of the riverboat
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
The tour begins at the Gray Line “Lighthouse” ticket office at Toulouse St. and the Mississippi River (at the Steamboat Natchez Dock), just one block from Jackson Square in the French Quarter.
What To Expect
Stroll the deck as the riverboat begins its cruise along the Mississippi River. Then, find a seat in the cabin or outside, where you can admire unobstructed views of the striking ‘Crescent City’ shoreline and enjoy live jazz music. Learn some riverside history as you pass sites like the Chalmette Battlefield, where the famous pirate and privateer Jean Lafitte teamed with Andrew Jackson to defeat British invaders in the Battle of New Orleans.
Purchase an optional tableside lunch to sample an array of sumptuous Louisiana fare, from cornmeal-crusted fish and red beans and rice to Natchez’s signature bread pudding and fresh fruit. Coffee and tea are included with your lunch, or you may purchase adult beverages.
Your river cruise ends back at the departure point in New Orleans with plenty of time to sightsee!
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- In order to help preserve the French Quarter from vehicular traffic, it is requested that you please walk, if possible, to the convenient tour departure point - just a short stroll from most downtown hotels.
- The riverboat is handicap accessible. However, access to the top & bottom decks are by stairs only. Please call us with any questions before finalizing your plans if you have questions on access or personal equipment.
- Cruise is suitable for wheelchairs, but restrooms stalls are not wide enough to accommodate and there are no elevators on board.
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- The riverboat cruises rain or shine.
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 500 travelers
- OPERATED BY Gray Line New Orleans
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- "If it is a misty/drizzly day, get in line early to find a seat inside or in a covered area." See review
- "If traveling with young children, you may want to take noise-cancelling earphones, as the horn that sounds upon leaving port, re-entering, or passing another boat is very loud, jolting, and prolonged." See review
- "There’s plenty of seating, no need to hurry up and queue up to score a seat." See review