- Half-day swamp tour from New Orleans
- Glide through the famous Louisiana swamps and bayous on a custom-built boat
- See native wildlife including snakes, egrets, and alligators
- Learn about the history of the swamps and local Cajun culture
- Run by one of the region's oldest tour companies
- Includes transportation from the French Quarter
- Popular choice with kids
Departure & Return
Gray Line Lighthouse on the Steamboat NATCHEZ dock (Toulouse Street at the Mississippi River)
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Transfer to a new, custom-built swamp boat for a winding ride through the protected wetlands Louisiana is famous for. As you make your way through peaceful channels and estuaries, learn about the area’s history from your entertaining local captain. Hear how the swamps were once inhabited by French pirate and war hero Jean Lafitte, and gain insight into authentic Cajun culture, which revolves around fishing for fresh seafood and living off the land.
Keep your camera handy for shots of native wildlife like egrets, snakes, nutria, and famous Louisiana gators, plus a view of the tree featured in the Disney film The Princess and the Frog. After your journey into the swamps, return to civilization with drop-off back at the French Quarter dock.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Tour vehicles are equipped for wheelchair storage. If wheelchairs collapse and fold, they can be placed in the storage compartment on the bus. If the wheelchair is a scooter, then special arrangements need to be made with the supplier for a handicap-accessible bus. This must be arranged 48 hours prior to tour date. Contact details will be on your voucher
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- OPERATED BY Gray Line New Orleans
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- "There was a little bit of a wait, However it was worth it." See review