Explore our promoted experiences
- Self-guided tour to the Louisiana Museum of Slavery on the Whitney Plantation and St Joseph Plantation, from New Orleans
- See authentically restored buildings and memorial artwork at the Louisiana Museum of Slavery
- Listen to slave narratives that detail daily life for slaves on the plantation
- Drive through the sugar cane fields of St Joseph Plantation, a working sugar plantation that dates to 1877
- Take a guided tour of St Joseph Plantation, often led by a member of the family that owns the property
- Learn about the making of the Oscar-winning film ’12 Years A Slave’ at St Joseph Plantation
- Hear informative commentary from your guide about the region during the drive from New Orleans
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Please specify hotel at time of purchase. We pick up in New Orleans at any hotel, Bed & Breakfast or select Airbnbs, uptown (close to St. Charles Ave.), in (or close to) the French Quarter, and on the Westbank.
We do not pick up by the airport, in New Orleans East, in Slidell, or on the North Shore.
Supplier will contact you the day before your tour to give you an exact pick up time.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- On Tuesdays, Whitney Plantation is closed and replaced by Laura Plantation
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 13 travelers
- OPERATED BY Tours by Isabelle
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
See all safety measures taken by Small-Group Whitney Plantation, Museum of Slavery and St. Joseph Plantation Tour.