Explore our promoted experiences
- Explore historical Boston on a day trip from New York City
- No planning needed: go by luxe vehicle and hear about the sites via a guide
- Tour Harvard, walk the Freedom Trail, and see the Boston Tea Party site
- Time for local seafood meal (own cost) such as lobster roll at Quincy Market
Departure & Return
6:30 AM Departure In front of Port Authority Bus Terminal building, 42nd Street (between 8th & 9th Avenue)
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Get a taste of Ivy League prestige with a stop in Cambridge to tour highlights of Harvard University, including Harvard Yard and the massive Widener Library. You’ll also drive by the renowned Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and Cambridge College.
After crossing the Charles River into Boston, see local landmarks like Trinity Church and stretch your legs with a stroll along the 2.5-mile (4-kilometer) Freedom Trail. This commemorative path takes you to 16 sites that played a pivotal role in the American Revolution. See the locations of the Boston Massacre and the Boston Tea Party; Faneuil Hall, and Boston Common. Along the way, your guide will share legends and facts about Boston’s historic legacy.
Midday, enjoy a bit of leisure time to explore downtown Boston on your own. For lunch, try local seafood favorites like lobster rolls or clam chowder at Quincy Market (own expense). After several hours in Boston, reboard the minivan and relax on the return drive to Manhattan, where your 13-hour tour concludes in the evening.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair transportation must be requested in advance
- Tours can be bilingual/multilingual as they are offered in many different languages
- Children under the age of 2 are free, please advise at time of booking if infant is traveling
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- For tours with fewer guests, vans may be substituted
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- In the event that parts of this itnerary remain inaccessable due to COVID 19 an alternate itinerary will be followed. Final details will be available prior to each departure. On our tours we use a wide variety of attractions which all have different policies regarding Covid 19. In order to enjoy the full experience of the tour it is recommended to bring a face covering as it may be required for entry at certain locations.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- OPERATED BY Empire Vacations
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff