- Whale watching tour from Newport Beach
- Keep your eyes open for blue, grey, minke, finback, and humpback whales
- Knowledgeable captain and crew
- Multiple departure times available
- Spot other marine life such as dolphins, seals and more
Departure & Return
Our location is inside the historic Balboa Pavilion located in the beautiful Newport Beach, CA. Our vessels depart from these docks as well. Parking is located roughly 100 yards from our location. Best place to park is next to the Balboa Pier.
Our second location is in Unit A of the 309 Palm Street building facing the harbor. Our building is located to the left of the Auto Ferry if you are looking towards the east.
What To Expect
Board the 65-foot (20-meter) boat and meet your experienced captain and crew, all of whom have extensive backgrounds in marine biology. As the boat leaves the harbor, learn about the different types of marine life that frequent the area and what to look for.
This year-round tour allows the opportunity to see different animals during different seasons. During the winter and spring months, watch for minke whales; one of the world's smallest, they only grow to about 23 feet (7 meters). Winter also brings the humpback whale, which can grow to an impressive 52 feet (16 meters). Both of these whales eat krill and are known to slap their tails on the surface of the water, or 'fluke'.
Blue whales, the largest mammals in existence today, usually grow to approximately 200 tons (180 metric tons) and 98 feet (30 meters) in length. Watch for these giants during the summer and fall months, in addition to grey whales and finback whales (the second-largest type of whale).
There are also possibilities to see dolphins, sea lions, and seals on your trip. Feel free to ask any questions of your knowledgeable captain and crew regarding any of the animal life you encounter.
After your time on the Pacific, return to Newport Harbor.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Outside alcohol, ice chests, coolers or glass containers are strictly prohibited.
- Vessel may change depending on availability.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 115 travelers
- OPERATED BY Davey's Locker Whale Watching
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands