- Food walking tour of Nice with an expert local guide
- Stroll around Vieux Nice, visiting food shops and delicatessens
- Learn the secret to making a truly authentic Niçoise salad
- Visit the Cours Saleya Flower Market and Castel Hill
- Sample regional specialties, Provençal wine, and olive oil
- Small-group tour limited to 10 people ensures a more personalized experience
Departure & Return
On place Massena at the level of the Fontaine du Soleil which is a round fountain with a tall naked man in the middle, you can't miss him!
In the heart of the old town.
What To Expect
Along the way, stop in an assortment of local markets and specialty food shops hand-picked for their variety and authenticity. Sample Provençal cuisine such as a pissaladière onion tart, stuffed vegetables called petits farcis and a Niçoise salad sandwich served on fresh-baked pain de campagne. Taste locally produced cheeses, olive oil, and wine, plus a sweet almond candy known as calisson. During tastings, chat with your guide and shop proprietors to learn how to incorporate local flavor into your cooking at home.
In between delicious dishes, visit other local highlights including a Baroque church, the colorful Cours Saleya flower market, and Castle Hill for fantastic sea and city views. After walking, nibbling and sipping, say farewell to your guide near Nice’s Place Rossetti.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Must be 18 years of age to drink alcohol
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY The French Way
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "This walking tour gives you a chance to see places that the locals are familiar with, but as a tourist you may not get to discover, especially if your time in Nice is limited." See review