- Private 4-hour Single Tree Hill round-trip hike from Nuwara Eliya
- Descend to Lake Gregory for a waterside picnic lunch
- Private guide, refreshment stops, plus back-up vehicle included
- Low-difficulty hike
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Your destination is the summit of Single Tree Hill, sometimes called One Tree Hill, one of Sri Lanka’s highest peaks at 6,889 feet (2,100 meters). However, since it rises 820 feet (250 meters) above Nuwara, it only counts as a hill and is relatively easy to climb.
Walk up through the lush tea plantations, following the dirt track coiling up the slopes. Stop for energy bars on the route, admiring the beautiful tea country as you rest and your guide points out places of interest. A backup vehicle will accompany you in case it’s needed.
After roughly two hours, including stops, reach the top and enjoy an hour to admire the spectacular views and famous lone tree. Gaze down over Nuwara and Lake Gregory, and depending on the weather, absorb the panoramic views of the Haggala Mountains and peaks of Sri Pada and Piduruthalagala.
Lastly, hike down to Lake Gregory and enjoy a waterside picnic lunch of pasta, a boiled egg, sausages, and fruit. Your tour concludes here when your guide departs.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Minimum age is 12 years
- Personal effects for warm/windy/rainy conditions should be carried by clients
- The experienced and well-trained guide would take every precaution to ensure the safety and well being of all guests on tour as your safety is our prime concern.
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Lakpura LLC
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Hike to Single Tree Hill in Nuwara Eliya.