Explore our promoted experiences
- Full-day guided trip to see the top sights of the Big Island of Hawaii, from Oahu
- Visit Hilo Bay Beachfront Park and hike to Rainbow Falls
- Learn about the history and geology of the sights you visit from an informative guide
- Round-trip coach-class air travel to the Big Island included
Departure & Return
Please check in at the Hawaiian Airlines Ticket Counter at 5:30 am. Please make sure to check in for all flights (round trip). Please proceed to designated gate.
Upon arrival at Hilo Airport, proceed to the north end of the baggage claim terminal. The pickup location will be at the BUS LOADING ZONE. Pickup time will be from 8:15 am to 8:30 am. Please look for a Polynesian Adventure Tours vehicle.
Please arrange for your own transportation to and from the Honolulu International Airport.
What To Expect
First, witness the affect volcanoes have had and continue to have on the island at Volcano National Park. Overlook the volcanoes while you enjoy breakfast at your own expense at Volcano House Restaurant. See the Steam Vents, travel the Chain of Craters Road and Devastation Trail.
Feel the cool spray of not one, but two of the island's beautiful waterfalls, as you visit Rainbow and Akaka Falls. Take a scenic tour though Hilo, then relax as you are returned to your departure point.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Passengers must provide date of birth and gender at the time of booking per TSA requirements
- Once reservation is made, tour is Non-Refundable and Non-Changeable.
- Airfare portion of this tour may fluctuate based on airline availability. Additional fees may be required to be paid by the customer in these cases.
- Passengers with asthma and other respiratory problems should please consider other tour offerings to avoid potential health problems resulting from exposure to fumes
- As we cannot predict volcanic activity, features may vary daily depending on conditions. In an effort to make this an unforgettable experience, the tour operators will take you as close as possible to the volcanic activity.
- Lava sightings not guaranteed
- Please Note: The name you enter at the time of booking must be exactly as appears on your photo I.D. Interisland Air Carriers will deny boarding if the passenger name, as shown on valid government-issued I.D. does not match the name on their voucher. This is a Transportation Security Administration (TSA) and FAA requirement. Air Carriers proven to be non-compliant are subject to severe penalties; thus there is no flexibility with this policy. A valid government-issued ID (passport for non-US citizens) is required on the day of travel. If a passenger is denied boarding, there will be no refund.
- Special Needs requests must be called in to the local supplier AT LEAST 1 week prior to tour date. All special needs requests are handled and accommodated on a situational basis.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- OPERATED BY Polynesian Adventure Tours
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- "It was rainy and windy in the morning when we were at the Volcano House and lava fields but it was still wonderful." See review