Explore our promoted experiences
- Small-group photography tour of Oahu, from Waikiki
- Enjoy a relaxed atmosphere and photography tips suitable for beginning to advanced photographers
- Refine photography skills while taking in Oahu's natural beauty
- Stop at a variety of locations that offer different challenges to the photographer
- Visit famous winter surf beaches on the North Shore
- Learn about Oahu’s history and highlights on a full-day tour of the island
- A maximum of seven people allows for customized instruction from your photographer-guide
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
Please arrive 15 minutes before your selected start time for pickup. Your operator can coordinate exact time and location.
What To Expect
Join the professional photographer tour guide who will, throughout the day, point out the specific details of photography that are oftentimes not seen by the untrained eye. Learn how to use light, and discover what framing, shutter speed, focal points and other important topics mean to composing a great image. Then explore the best places — and find the best angles — in which to take pictures on this breathtaking island. It’s the best of both worlds: elite instruction with some of the most beautiful scenery in the world.
The specific destinations and subject matter will vary depending on the day and the time of year, but some of the possibilities include sweeping coastal vistas, pristine beaches, sacred heiaus, flowing waterfalls, dramatic mountain valleys and in the wintertime, big waves and fearless surfers. Also, look for Hawaiian monk seals and green sea turtles.
Along the way, learn about Hawaii’s history, its wildlife and the geography from the naturalist guide who is not only an expert in photography, but also a Hawaii insider with an in-depth knowledge of the island of Oahu.
This full-day photography tour is suitable for all skill levels — from beginners to advanced shooters, using everything from smartphones to high-end DSLR cameras. There will be a break for lunch (own expense) on Hawaii’s North Shore to relax and get a taste of the local flavors.
At the end of the day, walk away with some incredible images, an abundance of professional photography tips that will last a lifetime and an appreciation of Oahu’s rich history and culture.
This photography tour ends with a hotel drop-off in Waikiki.
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- A maximum of 7 people per booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Wear comfortable, closed-toed walking shoes and remember to bring hat and sunscreen
- Participants required to bring their own camera or smart phone
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- OPERATED BY Blue Hawaii Photo Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands