5 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Explore our promoted experiences
Try your hand at preparing celebrated Oaxacan dishes with this cooking class. Tour a local market to learn about and purchase fresh ingredients. A professional cook will lead your interactive class, sharing information about pre-Columbian cuisine and culinary methods. Learn to make tortillas from scratch and prepare a traditional dish like red or black mole. Take your knowledge with you and cook Oaxacan delicacies for your friends back at home.
- Tour a colorful market and learn about fresh local ingredients
- Learn to make tortillas and a traditional dish like red or black mole
- 10-person limit guarantees intimate experience
- Convenient pick-up and drop-off from selected hotels
Saved to wishlist!
In Oaxaca the memelas with small, circular tortillas, about 10 cm long and 1 cm thick.
El Mole is one of the most traditional dishes of Oaxaca.
Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We have pick up in almost all the hotels in the city, if you stay in an apartment (a b & b) we indicate the address, so that our operdador picks you up there. If your apartment or hotel is out of our coverage, we will indicate the address or the nearest place to go through you.
- Xoxocotlan Airport, Oaxaca Mexico
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- We recommend booking in advance on summer holidays and Christmas
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Enjoy Oaxaca
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Authentic Oaxacan Food Cooking Class?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Authentic Oaxacan Food Cooking Class?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Authentic Oaxacan Food Cooking Class?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Authentic Oaxacan Food Cooking Class?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Authentic Oaxacan Food Cooking Class
3 hours 30 minutes
4 hours 30 minutes
4 hours 30 minutes