- Katakolon private shore excursion to Olympia
- Visit the UNESCO-listed Archaeological Site of Olympia
- Wander around the site of the original Olympic stadium
- See the site of the Temple of Zeus
- Enjoy free time in modern Olympia to shop or get a snack
- Private tour with knowledgeable guide ensures a more personalized experience
- Covered by Viator's worry-free policy: guaranteed on-time return to your ship
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
|Monday - Sunday:||08:00 AM - 04:00 PM|
|Monday - Sunday:||08:00 AM - 04:00 PM|
After booking, the operator will contact you about pickup time.
What To Expect
Along the way, listen as your guide explains how Olympia was a sanctuary dedicated to the god, Zeus, from the 10th century BC and became the location for the first Olympic Games in 776 BC.
Hop out of your vehicle at the rural, wooded site, and stroll around the former monuments and buildings linked to the games. Hear how the event was held in honor of Zeus and ran every four years up to the 4th century AD.
Imagine the long-ago splendor of what the Greek orator Lysias described as ‘the most beautiful place in Greece,’ and see the remnants of the Olympics stadium; the Palaestra gymnasium, where the wrestlers trained; and more.
During your visit, also view other treasures such as Olympia's Temple of Hera, one of Greece’s oldest temples; and the vestiges of the Temple of Zeus, once the site of a massive statue of Zeus that was ranked as one of the Seven Ancient Wonders of the World.
After exploring here, head to the nearby Archaeological Museum of Olympia, home to some of most striking finds excavated from the archaeological park. Head inside and view the bronzes, pediments and sporting artifacts on display, as well as the scale models showing what the site looked like in its heyday.
Lastly, continue with your guide to the nearby modern village of Olympia. After some free time here for a snack (own expense) or to buy souvenirs, drive back to Katakolon port where your experience ends.
Worry-free Shore Excursion: We will ensure your timely return to Katakolon port for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of-call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 4 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- At time of booking, Cruise Ship passengers must provide the following details under Special Requirements: Ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Children who do not occupy a seat are free of charge. Children who occupy a seat and are up to 11 years old, benefit from a discount
- Ancient Olympia, Archaeological Site and Archaeological Museum might be closed on Sundays and bank holidays
- Please enter your preferred pickup time in the Special Requirements box at the time of booking, and reconfirm 48 hours prior to the tour’s departure time
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Achtypis Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 7 full days before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Any changes made less than 6 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- For a 50% refund, you must cancel 3–6 full days before the experience’s start time.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience