- Small-group street food tour around Palermo
- Hunt out the best Sicilian street food with a foodie guide
- Visit Sicily’s open-air markets including Vucciria Market and Mercato di Capo
- Taste five authentic Sicilian street foods and one local wine
Departure & Return
Main gate of Teatro Massimo Opera house in piazza Verdi. Your guide will be carrying a red bag with Streaty logo printed on.
Tour ends in piazza San Domenico or in piazza Fonderia (both point are at walking distance from the cruise port)
What To Expect
Street food is cooked and served at street stalls, modest bakeries and old bars. This street food tour has been designed to show Palermo with no filters of any kind.
Begin making your way to the Vucciria Market and Mercato di Capo, two busy and colorful outdoor markets in Palermo. Listen as your guide offers insights into how Sicily’s unique culinary history informs its street food scene while vendors of local produce and seafood promote their goods. The Church of the Immaculate Conception is nearby, which you can visit if you like (own expense).
Get in line at neighborhood bakeries, cafes and street food stalls to try a variety of famous Sicilian street snacks. Munch on chickpea fritters called panelle and deep-fried balls of rice stuffed with meat, vegetables and cheese called arancine as you collect stamps in your foodie passport.
Sip on a sweet Sicilian wine to wash down your fried treats, and then head for a seasonal dessert. You may indulge in Sicily’s famous cannoli (deep-fried pastry cylinders filled with sweetened ricotta cheese), some gelato or a refreshing granita (a fruity slushy).
From June-September, the tour lasts 3 hours and finishes at Piazza San Domenico. From October-May, the tour is extended to 4 hours and includes visits the Quattro Canti with its Baroque architecture, Piazza Pretoria and its impressive fountain and the Ballarò Market. This tour finishes at the Palermo Cathedral.
Please Note: If you have any dietary restrictions, including food allergies, please make a note in the ‘special requirements’ field when you check out. Substitutions may be possible with advance notice.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- WAITING POLICY: We have a strict ten minute waiting policy at the meeting point. We don't guarantee a second chance to meet the group once the tour has started.
- DRESS: comfortable walking shoes, sunhat, personal bottle of water
- ACCESSIBILITY 1: This tour is not suitable for travellers with limited walking or standing capacity.
- Seats aren't available at every stop, the tour involves a lot of standing (1,1 Km / 0,7 miles)
- ACCESSIBILITY 2: Vegan and Gluten free options are not available.
- Tour runs rain or shine. please dress accordingly.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY streaty
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Palermo Street Food Walking Tour.