5 to 6 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Immerse yourself in the ancient Mayan heritage and fascinating traditions of Guatemala during this 6-hour day trip to the villages of San Antonio and Santa Catarina. Explore the indigenous artisan traditions of the towns near Lake Atitlan as you tour local textile and craft cooperatives and then visit a ceramics studio. Then participate in Mayan rituals as you learn about the Protection Fire Ceremony and take part in an optional hike along the lake’s edge. Your trip also includes a guide and round-trip hotel transport from Panjachel and Santa Catarina.
- Visit the Mayan villages of Santa Catarina and San Antonio on this day trip from Panjachel
- Learn about the villages' ancient artisan traditions at visits to craft and weaving cooperatives
- Participate in ancient Maya rituals like the Fire Protection Ceremony
- Join an optional hike along the shores of Lake Atitlan for amazing views of the nearby volcanoes
- Great trip for those looking for an intimate exploration of life in Guatemala's small villages
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected Panajachel and Santa Catarina hotels only)
Alternative meeting location is Xocomil Travel on Calle Embarcadero in Panajachel
Round-trip shared transfer starting and ending in Panajchel
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
Departure PointPanajachel, Panajachel, Lake Atitlan, Solola Department, Western Highlands
Traveler pickup is offered
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Los Elementos Adventure Center & Day Spa
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Lake Atitlan: Santa Catarina and San Antonio Maya Tour from Panajachel?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Lake Atitlan: Santa Catarina and San Antonio Maya Tour from Panajachel?
A:The policy on sanitization is:
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Lake Atitlan: Santa Catarina and San Antonio Maya Tour from Panajachel?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Lake Atitlan: Santa Catarina and San Antonio Maya Tour from Panajachel?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Compare Similar Experiences
Lake Atitlan: Santa Catarina and San Antonio Maya Tour from Panajachel
5 to 6 hours
3 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursHistorical ToursHalf-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsTours & SightseeingPanajachelBus Tours - Western HighlandsHistorical Tours - Western HighlandsHalf-day Tours - Western HighlandsBus Tours - San Pedro La LagunaHistorical Tours - San Pedro La LagunaHalf-day Tours - San Pedro La LagunaBus Tours - AntiguaHistorical Tours - AntiguaHalf-day Tours - AntiguaCategory