- Private full-day shore excursion of Panama City, from Port Elizabeth
- Learn about the Panama Canal's history and see ships passing through the Miraflores locks
- Walk around Casco Viejo to view Spanish colonial architecture, plazas, and historic landmarks
- Includes private guide and vehicle, and port pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Next, go to the Miraflores Locks to watch large ships in transit from the viewing platforms and visit the visitor's center to view a short film about the Panama Canal's history. Then drive under the Bridge of the Americas and past the Frank Gehry Bio Museum to the Amador Causeway where you stop to purchase your lunch.
In the afternoon, take a walking tour of Casco Viejo, the oldest surviving neighborhood in Panama City, the first Spanish settlement on the Pacific Coast, and designated a World Heritage Site. See colonial architecture and learn about the history of the district, which contains picturesque plazas, and landmarks including El Arco Chato (Flat Arch), and the Metropolitan Cathedral.
After eight hours, your guide can provide transportation back to the port, or you can stay on your own in Casco Viejo for sunset and an evening out in the neighborhood.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 4 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Top Private Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 4 full days before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 3 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 3 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms