- Full-day private tour of Mystras from Costa Navarino
- Explore the UNESCO-listed ruins of Mystras, once an important Byzantine city
- See the Kástro, Ayía Sofía church, the Despots’ Palace, and more
- Great-value tour includes hotel pick-up and private transport
- This private tour can be customized to your interests and ensures you’ll receive personalized attention from your guide
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
What To Expect
Along the way, learn more about the legendary city of Mystras, founded by William Villehardouin II in the 12th century AD, and hear stories of Byzantine emperors, glorious conquests, and bloody wars. Stop to take photos at the Keadas, and learn how Ancient Spartans would bring newborn sick children to be thrown from the cliffs, an act they believed would protect their race from defective genes. Then, continue climbing the mountainside to the Náfplio Gate at the top of the city.
From here, you will be given a map and free time to explore the ruins independently. As you follow the paths downhill, stop to admire the Ayía Sofía church, the grand Despots’ Palace, the Monemvasiá Gate, and the remains of a mosque.
After meeting back up with your guide, you’ll have chance to enjoy lunch (own expense) at a local restaurant, before setting out on the return journey.
Back in Costa Navarino, your tour ends with drop-off at your hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Dress code is smart casual
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Maximum is 4 people per booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY MTM D.M.C Ltd
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
See all safety measures taken by Mystras Private Day Trip from Costa Navarino.