4 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Enjoy insights into food and culture you can only get from a local as you slurp, snack, and sip your way through the Georgetown heritage area on this small-group food tour. Stop by at least three different food outlets and sample at least 10 delicious bites—enough for a full lunch. Along the way, discover sights like St. George’s Church, the Goddess of Mercy Temple, and historic Chinese clan houses.
- Discover Penang’s rich cuisine and history on a small-group walking tour
- Taste at least 10 different local or heritage foods from three different outlets
- Learn how Penang’s different cultures shaped its cuisine
- See historic sights like the 18th-century Goddess of Mercy Temple
Saved to wishlist!
Coffee and/or Tea
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
1, Lebuh Farquhar, George Town, 10200 George Town, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Tips to enjoy Simply Enak's food tour:
- BE HUNGRY, BE OPEN
- Make sure you come hungry when you join the food experience and be open to foods introduced by the guide
- WEAR COMFORTABLE SHOES
- The food experience tours are normally walking trails. It's advised for guests to wear comfortable shoes during the food experience.
- BRING YOUR WATER BOTTLE
- Water helps during the tour especially during hot weather. Its very easy to get thirsty in Malaysia.
- UMBRELLA AND RAINCOAT
- Malaysia's weather can be unpredictable. Please bring your own umbrella or raincoat if its raining or going to rain.
- AVOID WEARING WHITE
- There's nothing worse than spilling food on a white t-shirt. If you don't mind the stain, you can always wear white.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Local Culinary Experiences Sdn Bhd
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Compare Similar Experiences
Penang Harmony Food Trail