6 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Experience the best of Malaysian cuisine on this 6-hour Malaysian cooking tour in Penang. Browse the stalls at a food market in the fishing village of Teluk Bahang with your guide. As you explore, admire the fresh fruit, seafood and vegetables on display and learn how different ingredients are used in Malaysian cooking. Discover tropical spices and herbs at Penang’s Tropical Spice Garden, and gain insight into Malaysia’s spice-trading history. Afterward, roll up your sleeves and prepare some of the country’s favorite dishes yourself during a hands-on cooking lesson. Numbers are limited to 8 to ensure a personal and informative experience.
- 6-hour Malaysian cooking class in Penang
- Search for fresh ingredients at the market in Teluk Bahang
- Learn the art of Malaysian cuisine with an expert chef
- Discover the many culinary influences of traditional dishes
- Cook a delicious lunch in the Tropical Spice Garden
- Hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Small-group class limited to 8 ensures a personalized experience
Saved to wishlist!
All taxes, fees and handling charges
All ingredients for cooking
Professional English-speaking guide
Pick-up and Drop-off (hotels in Georgetown, Batu Ferringhi, Tg Bungah, Tg Tokong)
Food and drinks, unless specified
Transfer surcharge for pick-up from Butterworth/ Seberang Jaya
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Pick-up from any other hotels NOT located in the area of Georgetown, Batu Ferringhi, Tanjung Tokong, Tanjung Bungah, available with surcharge.
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Available for adult only (18 years & above only)
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
- OPERATED BY Asian Overland Services
You can cancel up to 7 days in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 7 full days before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 2 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Any changes made less than 6 full days before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- For a 50% refund, you must cancel 3–6 full days before the experience’s start time.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Compare Similar Experiences
Experience Malaysia: Authentic Malaysia Cooking Tour
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursCity ToursWalking ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursTours & SightseeingPenangBus Tours - LangkawiCity Tours - LangkawiWalking Tours - LangkawiHalf-day Tours - LangkawiBus Tours - Ko LipeCity Tours - Ko LipeWalking Tours - Ko LipeHalf-day Tours - Ko LipeBus Tours - Hat YaiCity Tours - Hat YaiWalking Tours - Hat YaiHalf-day Tours - Hat YaiCategory
Monkey BeachEscape Theme Park PenangPenang Bridge (Jambatan Pulau Pinang)Cheong Fatt Tze Mansion (Blue Mansion)Penang State Museum and Art GalleryPenang Tunnel Museum (Penang Time Tunnel)KomtarPenang Botanical Gardens (Taman Botani Penang)Asia Camera Museum PenangKhoo Kongsi (Leong San Tong Khoo Kongsi Clan House & Museum)Wonderfood Museum PenangPenang Armenian Street (Lebuh Armenian)Made in Penang Interactive MuseumTeddyVille MuseumPenang House of MusicUpside Down MuseumPinang Peranakan MansionSnake Temple (Hock Hing Keong)Little IndiaPenang War Museum