Don’t worry—here are some similar options
4 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Malaysian street food is a tangible, tasty way to experience Malaysia’s multicultural heritage. This half day tour takes you through the best hawker centers of George Town (Penang’s trendy capital) and around the city’s historic buildings. Eat like the locals with a range of Thai, Malay, Chinese, and Indian food, as well as fusion cuisines.
- Penang has been lauded as one of the top street food destinations in the world
- Pick your ideal itinerary according to what you want to eat
- Learn about different cooking techniques and ingredients
- Visit nearby attractions in between snacking: history in your mouth and before your eyes
Saved to wishlist!
Professional experienced English speaking guide to do commentary on attractions and foods
Hotel Pick up and drop off (within George town)
Air Conditioned Vehicle, fuel and Parking
All taxes and service charges
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
Departure PointFrom your hotel Centrally located George town city area.
Return DetailsTo your hotel Centrally located George town city area.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Do leave an empty stomach before start of tour.
- Please inform tour guide if you have medical condition, foods allergy, religious concern or any other things that needed to be let known to the tour guide.
- You know yourself better than anyone else. You can ask for less sugar, or less spicy or omit certain ingredients to the food operator.
- Foods taste are subjective and depends on individual liking and/or its acquired taste. Be open to taste new foods. Ask your guide or the food proprietor if you are not sure. Order food to share first instead of a big plate/bowl for yourself.
- Be open minded to the ambiance of certain location of hawker stalls or hawker centers.
- Duration of tour may varies depending on weather, traffic, attraction open hours, hawker or hawker center open hours, order congestion or late arrival of customer, customer's cruise ship or plane.
- In some case where the said hawker for certain hawker foods may not be opened at the time of visit, it will be substituted with same hawker foods from other hawker or hawker center.
- Take a lot of pictures but do not waste foods.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY MAM Holidays Malaysia
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Compare Similar Experiences
Private Half-Day Hawker Trails Food Tour in George Town
3 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Food ToursFood, Wine & NightlifePenangFood Tours - LangkawiFood Tours - Ko LipeFood Tours - Hat YaiCategory
Wonderfood Museum Penang Tours & TicketsCheong Fatt Tze Mansion (Blue Mansion) Tours & TicketsPinang Peranakan Mansion Tours & TicketsPenang Tunnel Museum (Penang Time Tunnel) Tours & TicketsMonkey Beach Tours & TicketsUpside Down Museum Tours & TicketsSnake Temple (Hock Hing Keong) Tours & TicketsLittle India Tours & TicketsPenang State Museum and Art Gallery Tours & TicketsEscape Theme Park Penang Tours & TicketsPenang War Museum Tours & TicketsPenang House of Music Tours & TicketsKhoo Kongsi (Leong San Tong Khoo Kongsi Clan House & Museum) Tours & TicketsPenang Armenian Street (Lebuh Armenian) Tours & TicketsSun Yat Sen Museum Penang Tours & TicketsAsia Camera Museum Penang Tours & TicketsKomtar Tours & TicketsPenang Botanical Gardens (Taman Botani Penang) Tours & TicketsPenang Bridge (Jambatan Pulau Pinang) Tours & TicketsMade in Penang Interactive Museum Tours & Tickets