Explore our promoted experiences
- Full-day tour of the Apache Trail, from Phoenix
- Hear stories about life on the American frontier from your informative guide
- Learn about edible plants and desert survival skills
- Includes bottled water and hotel pickup and drop-off in Phoenix
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
|Wednesday:||08:00 AM - 09:00 AM|
|Friday:||08:00 AM - 09:00 AM|
|Sunday:||08:00 AM - 09:00 AM|
What To Expect
During your full-day tour of the Apache Trail, relax and take in the scenery on a 6-mile narrated nature cruise on Canyon Lake aboard a legendary steamboat. Look for big horn sheep, bald eagles and other desert animals, and admire the lake’s volcanic cliffs, which stand as high as 1,300 feet (396 meters).
Visit the ghost town of Goldfield, founded in 1892 and named for the precious metal found in the area. A hub of the region’s gold mining operations for five years, it quickly declined when the ore ran out. Nowadays the town offers western-themed attractions such as panning for gold, displays of authentic mining gear at Goldfield’s Historic Museum, and tales about female pioneers of the 1800’s at Lu Lu’s Bordello.
After your steamboat ride, visit Tortilla Flat and Fish Creek Hill in the Superstition Wilderness. Once a stagecoach stop, Tortilla Flat retains a quirky charm, in evidence in its motto ‘The Town Too Tough To Die’ and a festively decorated saloon. From Fish Creek Hill, enjoy a stunning vantage point over the Sonoran Desert and Superstition Wilderness.
Your guide fills you in on the legends of the Lost Dutchman Mine, along with plenty of information about the region’s history, geography and wildlife, including rare animals and edible plants.
At the end of your full-day tour, your guide returns you to your Phoenix-area hotel.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Arizona state law requires children under 8 years to have either a child seat or booster. Child seats are not provided, please bring your own
- Minimum age is 3 years
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Wheelchairs that can fold up are acceptable on tour
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 13 travelers
- OPERATED BY Detours of Arizona
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff