5 hours 30 minutes (Approx.)
Pickup from select hotels
Offered in: English
Saved to wishlist!
Round Transportation with AC
Continental Breakfast(pastries, coffee, juice, fresh fruit)
Fish or Shrimp Ceviche with totopos & guacamole(please advise of dietary restrictions)
Snorkel equipment & Life Jacket.
Includes 1 night in a double room at the El Tukan hotel, downtown Playa del Carmen
The Natural Reserve Fee 13 USD per person is payable upon pick-up in cash
Souvenirs (available to purchase) and photo/video package
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods.
6/1/2021 - 11/30/2023
|Monday - Sunday:||06:00 AM - 04:00 PM|
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking (Vegetarian & Gluten free Options available under request)
- Seasonal tour operating from June to mid-September
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Ocean Tours Mexico
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
How long is the boat ride to see the Whale Sharks on the Whale Shark + ONE NIGHT OVERSTAY tour?
A:On average, you can expect to enjoy a beautiful and scenic speedboat ride that takes about one hour to get to the area where the Whale Sharks gather.
How long will we swim with the Whale Sharks on the Whale Shark + ONE NIGHT OVERSTAY tour?
A:Once we find the best spot to swim with Whale Sharks, we'll get in the water and snorkel and swim with these majestic creatures for up to 3 hours.
Are Whale Sharks dangerous?
A:No, they are not dangerous. Whale sharks congregate in the waters around Isla Mujeres and Holbox to feed on microscopic organisms. Their average swimming speed is just 3 mph. You will have the opportunity to snorkel with them just a few feet away!
Do Whale Sharks have teeth?
A:Whale sharks do have teeth but they are incredibly tiny and are used for filter feeding. They really are gentle giants.
Is swimming with Whale Sharks appropriate for children?
A:Swimming with Whale Sharks is fun for the Whole Family! Our Whale Shark Discovery Tour is child-friendly and elderly-friendly. Everyone's invited to join!
Is there a vegetarian option available during the Whale Shark + ONE NIGHT OVERSTAY?
A:Yes, vegetarian options are available, however, they must be requested in advance. Feel free to let us know of any dietary restrictions in the "Special Requirements" box at checkout.
What should I bring with me on the Whale Shark tour?
A:We recommend bringing a towel, hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, a change of clothing, and money for souvenirs, photos, and the required Natural Reserve Fee ($13 USD per person).
Should I bring my camera on the Whale Shark tour?
A:You are welcome to bring your own camera. Your guide will also shoot videos & pictures on a GoPro in high-definition during your Whale Shark experience. At the end of your trip, you're able to purchase a digital copy.
What should I wear on the Whale Shark tour?
A:Wear comfortable clothes and shoes. We recommend wearing your bathing suit under your regular clothes and bringing sandals or water shoes and an extra set of dry clothes.
Do I have to bring snorkeling gear on the Whale Shark tour?
A:You can if you want to, but we provide all snorkeling gear including mask, snorkel, fins, and life jacket. If you own a wetsuit, please feel free to bring it along. If you don’t have one we can provide them to be rented for $15 USD.
Can I participate in the Whale Shark tour if I am pregnant?
A:Pregnant women are welcome on this tour only up to the 28th week of pregnancy. Pregnant women can ride in the back of the speedboat where there’s less movement.
Can I participate in the Whale Watching tour if I am disabled?
A:While the boats are not wheelchair accessible, the boat’s edge is 2.5 feet (0.7 meters) above the surface of the water. With the help of your guide and sailor, it’s easy and safe to accompany almost anyone into the water.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Whale Shark + ONE NIGHT OVERSTAY?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Whale Shark + ONE NIGHT OVERSTAY?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Whale Shark + ONE NIGHT OVERSTAY?
A:The policies on social distancing are:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Whale Shark + ONE NIGHT OVERSTAY?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
Compare Similar Experiences
Whale Shark + ONE NIGHT OVERSTAY
5 hours 30 minutes
8 hours 30 minutes
8 hours 30 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Nature and WildlifeSnorkelingWhale WatchingWater SportsCruises, Sailing & Water ToursOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingPlaya del CarmenNature and Wildlife - Riviera Maya & the YucatanSnorkeling - Riviera Maya & the YucatanWhale Watching - Riviera Maya & the YucatanNature and Wildlife - CozumelSnorkeling - CozumelWhale Watching - CozumelNature and Wildlife - TulumSnorkeling - TulumWhale Watching - TulumCategory