4 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Get out of the city and explore the notable religious sites around Plovdiv on this private day tour. Travel with a guide towards the Rhodope Mountains and visit King Asen's Fortress in Asenovgrad. Stop at the 11th-century Bachkovo Monastery and learn about its history. Choose to take a walk in the Red Wall Nature Reserve.
- Learn about Bulgarian history from your guide
- Hassle-free pickup and drop-off from your Plovdiv hotel
- Visit King Asen’s Fortress
- Admire the 11th-century Bachkovo Monastery
Saved to wishlist!
Live commentary on board
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Entrance fees: Assen's Fortress (2 EUR), Bachkovo Monastery entrance fee (0,50 EUR), Bachkovo Monastery refectory (3 EUR) - optional
Food and drinks
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Travelers are collected from any hotel (accommodation) or location within Plovdiv city
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY PLOVDIV TRIPS
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Bachkovo Monastery and Asen's Fortress - private day tour from Plovdiv?
A:The policy on face masks and attendee health is:
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Bachkovo Monastery and Asen's Fortress - private day tour from Plovdiv?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Bachkovo Monastery and Asen's Fortress - private day tour from Plovdiv?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
Compare Similar Experiences
Bachkovo Monastery and Asen's Fortress - private day tour from Plovdiv
1 hour 45 minutes
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursHistorical ToursHalf-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingPlovdivBus Tours - Veliko TarnovoHistorical Tours - Veliko TarnovoHalf-day Tours - Veliko TarnovoBus Tours - SofiaHistorical Tours - SofiaHalf-day Tours - SofiaBus Tours - SlivenHistorical Tours - SlivenHalf-day Tours - SlivenCategory