- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Step back in time on a virtual reality history tour
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Learn about Pompeii's history through audio commentary
Departure & Return
Meet at the entrance of the Hotel Vittoria, located in Piazza Porta Marina Inferiore next to the gate of the archaeological site
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please remember to set the starting time of your tour on the “Special requirements” section while confirming the reservation
- Your tour assistant will only speak English and Italian
- The use of 3D virtual reality headsets is not recommended for children under 13. Children under the age of 9 cannot use the headset
- Wear comfortable shoes, as you will be walking over uneven terrain
- Travel light. Try to minimize bags, pocketbooks and backpacks as much as possible. You may wear a lightweight bag across your shoulder
- Operates in all safe weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This tour uses 3D virtual reality headsets (Samsung/Oculus Gear VR). We recommend consulting a doctor before taking this tour if you are pregnant, elderly, have pre-existing binocular vision abnormalities or psychiatric disorders, or suffer from a heart condition or other serious medical condition.
- Some people (about 1 in 4000) while they are watching TV, playing video games or experiencing virtual reality may have severe dizziness. Anyone who has had a seizure, loss of awareness, or other symptom linked to an epileptic condition should consult a doctor before taking our tour.
- Children: It is recommended by the manufacturer that the headsets provided should not be used by children under the age of 13 (Gear VR). Parents allowing their children to use the headsets do so at their own risk and are fully responsible for the safety, health and well-being of their children. Adults should monitor children closely during and after use of the Gear VR for any decrease in these abilities.
- A comfortable tour experience using our headsets requires an unimpaired sense of motion and balance.
- Discomfort: Immediately discontinue use of the headset if you experience any of the following symptoms: seizures; loss of awareness; eye strain; eye or muscle twitching; involuntary movements; altered, blurred, or double vision or other visual abnormalities; dizziness; disorientation; impaired balance; impaired hand-eye coordination; excessive sweating; increased salivation; nausea; lightheadedness; discomfort or pain in the head or eyes; drowsiness; fatigue; or any symptoms similar to motion sickness. Just as with the symptoms people can experience after they disembark a cruise ship, symptoms of virtual reality exposure can persist and become more apparent hours after use.
- Radio Frequency Interference: The Gear VR can emit radio waves that can affect the operation of nearby electronics, including cardiac pacemakers. If you have a pacemaker or other implanted medical device, do not use the Gear VR without first consulting your doctor or the manufacturer of your medical device.
- The company shall not be liable for any damage, direct or indirect, suffered by customers or any third parties as a consequence of their failure to follow such guidelines, warnings and recommendations.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Flashback Journey to Pompeii
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.