Explore our promoted experiences
- Tour of the Columbia River Gorge and Multnomah Falls by coach from Portland
- Explore the beautiful Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area and stop to walk around and take photos
- Visit several waterfalls including famous Multnomah Falls, the second-tallest in the US
- Admire the amazing engineering feat of Bonneville Dam and fish ladder
- Follow the route that Lewis and Clark took 200 years ago
- Learn about the area’s history from your expert guide
Departure & Return
8:30am – Depart from the Benson - 309 SW Broadway - The tours depart from the SW Oak Street side of the Hotel - The Benson is a short walking distance from the other downtown hotels:
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
As your coach travels along the river, you'll admire the natural and cultural sights, from rare plants and wildlife to geological wonders and ancient Indian rock art. Your expert guide will narrate the journey, providing historical context to the present-day surroundings.
Climb high above the valley to the Vista House at Crown Point for unparalleled views that have been enjoyed by travelers to this site since 1916. Take plenty of photos from this panoramic viewpoint before heading back down into the National Scenic Area, where you'll stop at Latourell Falls, Wahkeena Falls, and the famous Multnomah Falls. Known as the second-tallest in the US, Multnomah Falls never dries up, even in the hot summer months. So a great picture can always be taken from Benson Bridge!
Next, your trip continues to Bonneville Dam, a masterpiece of modern engineering that provided hydropower to the Gorge since the 1930s. During your stop here, learn about the challenging construction process and admire the grandeur and juxtaposition of industry combined with nature.
Your trip back to Portland tracks the trail of the famous explorers Lewis and Clark, touching on key points from their expedition over 200 years ago such as Beacon Rock, Rooster Rock, and Cape Horn.
Your tour ends back in Portland by early afternoon.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Please note: the drive offers spectacular scenic views and allows for four varied stops that capture Columbia River Gorge views, waterfalls and the dramatic Bonneville Dam and Waterway along the way
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Please note: Wheelchair lift availability requires 48 hours notice
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 38 travelers
- OPERATED BY Gray Line of Portland
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- "The Columbia River runs beside the highway much of the way." See review