- Day trip to the wineries of Douro Valley from Porto
- Visit two of the region’s prestigious adegas, enjoying tours of each with a wine-expert guide
- Explore the wine cellars at the ancient Quinta do Seixo estate
- Stop in the heart of Douro Valley for a traditional 3-course lunch with local wine
- Taste acclaimed Port at an 18th-century adega called Quinta do Tedo
Departure & Return
Our Tourism office is located on the top of Rua Mouzinho da Silveira door number 352-354, near São Bento Train Station.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Take in the views at your first stop, a classic Portuguese adegas, or wine estate. Tour the grounds of this stately winery, learning about the grapes it grows and how they turn it into wine. See the cellar, where the wine is stored and bottled, then sample some of the wines and learn about the different tasting notes with your guide.
Enjoy a savory 3-course lunch with wine at a traditional Portuguese restaurant in the valley. At your next winery, an 18th-century adega, learn about the wines more in-depth so that you may contrast and compare how the different terroir (soil) affects the tasting notes of the wines. You’re in for a treat — this small producer specializes in fortified Port wine, which Portugal is famous for. Sample some of the different kinds they produce and, if you like, select a bottle to take home (own expense).
Hope back in your coach bus and relax on the leisurely drive back to central Porto. Your tour concludes with a drop-off at your hotel in the early evening.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide.
- There is no bathroom on board the bus
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Dress code is smart casual
- The tours may be changed without prior notice
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Minimum passenger required to run - 2 persons
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Cityrama
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- "The group size was big so it took time to get on and off the bus." See review