8 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Uncover the charm of Portugal’s two oldest cities on this full-day tour of Guimarães and Braga from Porto. In the Roman city of Braga, home to the oldest archdiocese in Portugal, visit the Sanctuary of Bom Jesus and see the city’s historic cathedral, which dates back to the 11th century. After a relaxing lunch break that will certainly allow you to enjoy the pleasures of the cuisine of the north of Portugal, it will be time to continue towards Guimarães. Visit the medieval village of Guimarães, the birthplace of the nation and a UNESCO World Heritage site. Walk through the Palace of the Dukes of Bragança and the Guimarães Castle and wander the ancient streets and city squares.
- Full-day tour of Guimarães and Braga from Porto
- Learn about Portugal’s most historic towns from a helpful, professional guide
- Make things easy with free hotel pickup and drop-off
- Avoid the hassle of traveling with a large group on this small-group tour
- Lunch and entrances to Braga Cathedral, Guimarães Castle and Ducal Palace are included
Saved to wishlist!
All taxes, fees and handling charges
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Braga Cathedral, Guimarães castle and Ducal Palace entrance
Food and drinks, unless specified
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Pick up at your centrally located accommodation in Porto
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY The Cooltours (Oporto)
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Guimarães and Braga Small Group Tour with Lunch and Entries from Porto?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Guimarães and Braga Small Group Tour with Lunch and Entries from Porto?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Guimarães and Braga Small Group Tour with Lunch and Entries from Porto?
A:The policies on staff health & safety are:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "This is a seamless operation and I highly recommended this tour." See review
- "very interesting places and good included lunch, even managed to walk up the steps to the church in Braga, so could take advantage of the lunch without feeling guilty." See review
- "A great day trip from Porto and ask for Hugo!" See review
Compare Similar Experiences
Guimarães and Braga Small Group Tour with Lunch and Entries from Porto
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursHistorical ToursFull-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsTours & SightseeingPortoBus Tours - Northern PortugalHistorical Tours - Northern PortugalFull-day Tours - Northern PortugalBus Tours - BragaHistorical Tours - BragaFull-day Tours - BragaBus Tours - Peso Da ReguaHistorical Tours - Peso Da ReguaFull-day Tours - Peso Da ReguaCategory