Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
We pick up all travelers from Pune and its suburbs.
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- AJANTA Caves is world's greatest historical monument recognized by UNESCO in India. Ajanta Caves are first UNESCO world heritage site in India.The specialty of Ajanta is its magnificent and oldest painting. Out of several buddhist caves found all over the world Ajanta cave has the largest number of paintings. Paintings of Ajanta cave are far more older than Vinci.
- Ellora Caves : Ellora Caves is UNESCO world Heritage site.UNESCO World Heritage Site Ellora is largest Rock Cut caves complex in the world.There are more than 100 caves in ellora cave complex out of which 34 caves are open for tourists. There are 12 Buddhist Caves, 5 Jain and 17 Hindu Caves in this cave complex.
- The biggest attraction of Ellora Caves is "Kailash Temple" which is milestone in architectural and artistic progress of humans in human history. Kailash Temple in Ellora Caves is biggest monolithic work by humans.Single rock is carved on top-down approach to create worlds biggest art in single rock. Chariot of lord Shiva in center with many Hindu mythological stories and characters are depicted on stone with sheer perfection.
- There are 30 caves in Ajanta of which 9, 10, 19, 26 and 29 are chaitya-grihas and the rest are monasteries. These caves were discovered in AD 1819 and were built up in the earlier 2nd century BC-AD. Most of the paintings in Ajanta are right from 2nd century BC-AD and some of them about the fifth century AD and continued for the next two centuries. All paintings shows heavy religious influence and centre around Buddha, Bodhisattvas, incidents from the life of Buddha and the Jatakas. The paintings are executed on a ground of mud-plaster in the tempera technique. Plan trip to Ajanta Caves with TravelGreed to explore the majesty of painter's paradise.
- Traveler can explore important caves at ellora in 3 to 4 hours depending upon speed and traffic.
- Usually 5 Hours are required to explore all important caves as per traffic and interest of the tourist.
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY TravelGreed Tourism
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Ajanta & Ellora Cave 2 day Guided Tour from Pune .