3 hours (Approx.)
Hotel pickup offered
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Explore our promoted experiences
The history of the early Church is one of the most fascinating aspects of western history. This private half-day tour takes you to the most important sties in Christian Rome. Marvel at the Basilica of St. Clement, a 900-year-old church built on top of a fourth-century church that is built on a first-century nobleman's house. Pop into the Church of St. Sylvester, where the Donation of Constantine is said to have taken place, and explore the huge San Giovanni in Laterano and the Sancta Sanctorum, a room that once held the most revered relics in Christendom, including the heads of Saint Peter and Paul, a chunk of the table used at the Last Supper and Jesus' Foreskin.
- Learn about early Christianity and the formation of the early Church
- Private tour ensures lots of attention from the guide
- Private guided tour of Christian Rome, including underground basilicas
- See the site where the Donation of Constantine may have taken place
- Visit some of the most important sites in early Church history, including St. Clement Basilica and San Giovanni in Laterano
Saved to wishlist!
Hotel pickup and drop-off (hotels/accommodations in centrally located Rome)
3 hours Professional guide
Emergency number also operational via whatsapp
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Free Pick up from Hotels, Appartments, Bed&breakfast, accomodations. only in the city center (
inside the Aurelian Walls). The address must to be provide on the reservation. If you do not find your
hotel in the list you must necessarily write it. without the service it is not guaranteed
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infant seats available
- Child rate applies only when sharing with two paying adults
- Dress code is smart casual
- Please note: shorts, miniskirts and uncovered shoulders are not allowed in the basilicas
- Comfortable shoes are recommended
- A minimum of two people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Provide the Correct address of your accommodation , hotel, B&B
- PICK UP only in the city center inside the Aurelian Walls
- Provide the correct phone number with international country code
- One day before 24 H. Call to confirm the pick up
- check that you provide all the details to the agency
- Without this information we can not guarantee the correct service
- Time for pick up at the hotel must be confirmed the day before between 10.00 am and 6.00 pm on the emergency phone or whatsapp
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Coronavirus information: Below a brief list of the measures will be taken to ensure the safety of customers during the tours and on board our vehicles: - gloves and surgery masks; - disinfectant gel - Sanitization of vehicles at the end of each tour - staff, assistants, guides, drivers wearing masks and gloves - preventive information to the customer once on board the vehicles - the capacity of minivans and groups will be regulated according to the law and regulations of the virus corona in customer protection
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Welcome Italy
You can cancel up to 24 hours in advance of the experience for a full refund.
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Private Tour: Christian Rome and Underground Basilicas - Half-Day Walking Tour?
A:The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
What is the policy on sanitization during Private Tour: Christian Rome and Underground Basilicas - Half-Day Walking Tour?
A:The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Private Tour: Christian Rome and Underground Basilicas - Half-Day Walking Tour?
A:The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Private Tour: Christian Rome and Underground Basilicas - Half-Day Walking Tour?
A:The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Compare Similar Experiences
Private Tour: Christian Rome and Underground Basilicas - Half-Day Walking Tour
Explore Similar Things to Do
Bus ToursArchaeology ToursHistorical ToursHalf-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursLuxury & Special OccasionsPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingRomeBus Tours - Lake BraccianoArchaeology Tours - Lake BraccianoHistorical Tours - Lake BraccianoHalf-day Tours - Lake BraccianoBus Tours - Lake BolsenaArchaeology Tours - Lake BolsenaHistorical Tours - Lake BolsenaHalf-day Tours - Lake BolsenaBus Tours - AssisiArchaeology Tours - AssisiHistorical Tours - AssisiHalf-day Tours - AssisiCategory
Leonardo da Vinci–Fiumicino International Airport (FCO) Tours & TicketsPonte Sisto Tours & TicketsTemple of Caesar (Tempio di Cesare) Tours & TicketsBasilica di Santa Francesca Romana Tours & TicketsPiazza Barberini Tours & TicketsVittorio Emmanuele II Monument (Vittoriano) Tours & TicketsChiesa Nuova (Chiesa di Santa Maria in Vallicella) Tours & TicketsOratorio di San Francesco Saverio del Caravita Tours & TicketsPiazza della Repubblica Tours & TicketsMontecitorio Palace (Palazzo Montecitorio) Tours & TicketsFountain of the Four Rivers (Fontana delle Quattro Fiumi) Tours & TicketsSeven Hills of Rome (Sette Colli di Roma) Tours & TicketsCatacombs of Rome (Catacombe di Roma) Tours & TicketsRome Corsini Palace (Palazzo Corsini) Tours & TicketsVatican Gardens (Giardini Vaticani) Tours & TicketsHoly Stairs (Scala Sancta) and Chapel of San Lorenzo Tours & TicketsBasilica of Saint Paul Outside the Walls (Basilica di San Paolo Fuori le Mura) Tours & TicketsVatican Grottoes (Grotte Vaticane) Tours & TicketsVatican Obelisk (Obelisco Vaticano) Tours & TicketsVia Cola di Rienzo Tours & Tickets