- Private day trip to Pompeii and Positano from Rome
- Explore the well-preserved streets of Pompeii, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Browse elegant boutiques and stroll along the beautiful beach in Positano
- Enjoy free time at each Amalfi Coast stop to sightsee at your own pace
- Relax with private transport in an air-conditioned minivan
Departure & Return
Departure PointTraveler pickup is offered
Pick up is at your centrally hotel in Rome. Please provide us with the correct hotel information so appropriate arrangements can be made.
What To Expect
When you arrive in Pompeii, pay your own entrance fee before heading inside, where you have ample time to take in the archaeological ruins of this UNESCO World Heritage Site. Learn about the eruption of Mt. Vesuvius in AD 79 that covered the ancient Roman city in ash and molten pumice, freezing the village in time. Depending on the option selected when booking, either explore the well-preserved streets on your own or take a tour with a knowledgeable guide who tells you about the Forum, thermal baths and other village features that were part of daily life for Pompeii residents.
Then continue your day trip along the winding Amalfi Coast to your final stop, Positano. Here, you have more free time to admire the pastel-colored houses that perch on the cliffs, shop in high-end boutiques, enjoy a drink or meal at a local eatery or take a walk on the beach. When your time is up, hop back in your minivan for the return drive to Rome for hotel drop-off.
Please note: If you prefer, the visit to Positano can be replaced with a visit to Sorrento. Coordinate before you travel with the local supplier; contact details are shown on your booking voucher.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- A moderate amount of walking on uneven is involved
- Comfortable shoes are recommended
- If you are not ready to depart at the assigned time , we cannot promise to fulfill the mentioned itinerary nor promise to extend the duration of the tour.
- Dress code is smart casual
- Your driver is not a licensed tour guide. Due to strict Italian laws and regulations in place to protect officially licensed guides, drivers can comment and explain attractions only from inside the vehicle. Drivers cannot elaborate on the attractions when they are outside of the vehicle.
- This is a private service no one will join your party
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Due to high volume traffic in high season time spent in Positano or Pompeii might decrease
- The tour sequence may be altered to avoid congestions but always covering mentioned sights.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Driverinrome
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by Private Tour: Pompeii and Positano Day Trip from Rome.