- Independent day-trip to Pompeii from Rome
- Travel in air-conditioned comfort then tour Pompeii at your leisure
- Enjoy hassle-free round-trip travel
- Upgrade to access Pompeii’s excavations and enjoy a guided tour
Departure & Return
Departure Point: Central Rome Directions: Meeting point: Via Cavour 224 at the bus stop – nearest metro station: “Cavour” B LINE. Please remember to show up 20 minutes before the tour departure time. Dates: Seasonal March to November Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday Return point: Returns to original departure point at approx. 7pm
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
When you arrive, you are free to explore on your own until it’s time to return to Rome. Stroll down the ancient lanes, imagining what life was like here 2,000 years ago. Pass the limestone columns still standing along Via degli Augustali, and check out artifacts and ruins from the forum, thermal baths, temple, theater, and homes. All walking paths are marked with frescoes that depict scenes from daily life in Pompeii, which give context to what you’re seeing and help you find your way around.
Head back to your tour vehicle in the mid-afternoon for the drive back to Rome, where your day trip ends.
Optional excavations and tour upgrade: When booking, you have the option to include access to the excavations of Pompeii and a guided tour with an informative guide. This tour is limited to 25 people.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Luggage storage NOT available
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
- OPERATED BY Nicom Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- "For those who are in Rome and wish to visit Pompei but are short on time this is a good option." See review
- "To get the best out of the experience, I would definitely recommend the optional English-language guided tour , important to know what you're looking at and any additional information." See review
- "One word of advice: try to sit with no one behind you so you can tip your seat back." See review