- Skip the entrance line to the Colosseum and Palatine Hill
- Enjoy privileged, personalized attention from a guide on this special private art tour
- Customize the tour to suit your own interests
- Listen to commentary from a specialized art history guide
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
At Largo Gaetana Agnesi, above the 2nd floor of the metro line B (blue line) stop "Colosseo". Your guide coordinator will be waiting here wearing a blue City Wonders polo shirt or jacket for easy recognition.
What To Expect
Inside, walk around the arena with your art history guide, listening to stories about the gory gladiator battles and other brutal events that once took place here. Then exit the Colosseum and walk over to Palatine Hill, stopping at the Arch of Constantine on the way. Walk up the hill, one of the Seven Hills of Rome, for a view of the Roman Forum and Nero’s Circus Maximus, where chariot races used to take place.
Finally, stroll along Via Sacra, aka ‘Sacred Way,’ the main road through the Roman Forum that connected the Colosseum to Capitoline Hill and was once used for Roman triumph ceremonies. Your tour ends here, from where you can continue exploring on your own.
Please note: As this is a private tour, your specialized art history guide can tailor the commentary to suit your interests. When booking, please list any special interests you have, such as architecture, art or culture, so your guide can prepare.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Only small bags are allowed
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- We may experience delays in getting through mandatory security checks when entering these venues
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY City Wonders Ltd
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience