- Prioritized Skip the Line entry to the Vatican Museums (price includes entry fees)
- English-speaking guide specializing in art history
- Enjoy privileged, personalized attention from your guide on this special private art tour
- Customize the tour to suit your own interests
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Departure Point: Tour departs from Vatican Museums main entrance. Address: Directions: Tour departs from Vatican Museums main entrance located on Viale Vaticano. Your guide will be waiting for you with a VIATOR/ARTSTUR sign.
What To Expect
Once inside, there are more than nine miles of art, so follow along with the guide who will point out the highlights and explain the story behind each work of art.
Stop at the Vatican Pinacoteca art gallery, featuring some of the most influential paintings in the world like Caravaggio’s Deposition from the Cross, Da Vinci’s unfinished St. Jermone and Raphael’s Transfiguration.
See the hundreds of Roman busts and statues inside the Chiaramonti Museum, then roam the Octagonal Courtyard to see Apollo Belvedere, a celebrated marble sculpture and the Laocoon, one of the most famous ancient sculptures in the world. Then exit directly into the Gregorian Etruscan Museum to see the many bronze figurines and Etruscan tombs.
Finally, visit Raphael’s Rooms, four interconnected rooms with frescoes painted by Renaissance artist Raphael; the six-sectioned Gallery of Candelabra, with Roman copies of Hellenistic originals and some great second century candelabra, from Otricoli; the Gallery of Tapestries, featuring the drawings from many of Raphael’s pupils; and Gallery of Maps, on the west side of the Belvedere Courtyard featuring a series of painted topographical maps of Italy.
Go to the Sistine Chapel to see Michelangelo’s Creation of Adam and the Last Judgement and St. Peter’s Basilica to see Pietà, one of Michelangelo’s earlier sculptures depicting the body of Jesus on the lap of his mother Mary after the Crucifixion.
The tour ends just outside St. Peter’s Basilica.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Evening Tours: St Peter's Basilica is closed during the evenings. As an alternative you will be offered an extended itinerary within the Vatican Museums, which still includes the Sistine Chapel and Raphael's Rooms. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. If you would prefer that St Peter's Basilica and Square are included, please select the Morning or Afternoon Tours as your travel date
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY ARTSTUR Ltd
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- "She couldn't of been nicer, It is a long tour and if you have problems with your legs or back- get a wheel chair you are standing for about 4+ hours." See review