- Walking tour of St Peter's Basilica and Square
- Gaze in awe at the impressive dome designed by Michelangelo
- Rub the foot of the statue of St Peter, and see Michelangelo's La Pietà
Departure & Return
The meeting point is under the atrium of Saint Peter's Basilica. There you will have our desk and from that location our tours will start. Visitors temperature will be measured (if a guest has a temperature above 37.5 °C, entry will be denied).
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Throughout the centuries, the humble church grew into the ornate icon it is today—the holiest of Roman Catholic sites. With your guide, walk around to see Renaissance art like Michelangelo’s La Pietà sculpture, as well as his cupolone—St Peter’s famous dome.
Admire mosaic works, see a statue of St Peter, visit the tomb of Pope John Paul II and stare in wonder at Bernini’s baldacchino, the elaborate canopy alter that sits above St Peter’s tomb. Your tour ends inside the basilica, where you may continue exploring independently, if you wish.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Wheelchair no available
- Please note: Guided tour is not available on Wednesday and Sunday mornings
- Please note: Due to religious celebrations, the venue might be not accessible on the day of your tour; it is recommended that you contact the local operator to avoid any inconvenience
- It is recommended that you download or print the map of the meeting point (click on 'View additional info' at the end of the tour description)
- Minimum numbers apply for the Portuguese guide option. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- OPERATED BY Vox Mundi
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
See all safety measures taken by St. Peter's Basilica with Vatican official guides.