3 hours (Approx.)
Pickup from select hotels
Offered in: English
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
See the highlights of Vatican City ON this skip-the-line tour of the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, and St. Peter's Basilica. Join a knowledgeable guide for a visit to the incomparable Vatican Museums—home to one of the most extensive and impressive art collections in the world. Admire the Raphael Rooms and take in the incomparable frescos of the Sistine Chapel. Afterward embark on a guided tour of St. Peter's Basilica, a work of art in itself.
- Skip-the-line tour of Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, and St. Peter's Basilica
- Enjoy fast-track access past the lines at the popular Vatican Museums
- Learn about the incredible art collections from an expert guide
- Finish up a museum visit with time in the gorgeous Sistine Chapel
- Visit the enormous St. Peter's Basilica next door
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
With this tour, a hotel pickup option drops you off straight at the meeting point.
Saved to wishlist!
Guaranteed to skip the long lines
Hotel pickup in central Rome (if option selected)
Transport by air-conditioned coach (if option selected)
Food and drinks, unless specified
Pickup service (if the option is not selected)
Departure & Return
Departure PointPiazza del Risorgimento, 60-62, 00192 Roma RM, Italy
Traveler pickup is offered
Your centrally located hotel in Rome
Return DetailsVia delle Fondamenta, 00120 Città del Vaticano, Vatican City
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Important: The visit inside St. Peter's Basilica is substituted by a visit to the Vatican Library on Wednesday morning tours (8:30 and 11:00 tours) due to the Papal Audience taking place every Wednesday
- Near public transportation
- If you choose pick-up option, contact us no later than 24 hours, in order to reconfirm your pick-up schedule be ready in the lobby
- The Basilica is an active place of worship and may be closed without prior notice for religious events. In this case the visit will be substituted by a visit to the Vatican Library
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Gray Line I Love Rome by Carrani Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Skip the Line Vatican Tour Vatican Museums Sistine Chapel and St. Peter Basilica?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the social distancing policy during Skip the Line Vatican Tour Vatican Museums Sistine Chapel and St. Peter Basilica?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What is the pick up location?
We offer pick ups from most hotels. Let us know where you are staying in the 'Special Requirements' box in the Traveler Details section during checkout. Or you can let us know after booking by visiting 'Manage my Booking' and emailing us there.
Where is the meeting point?
Meeting point for the tour will be at Bar "L'Ottagono" in Piazza del Risorgimento.
Product code: 5034P44
Explore Similar Things to Do
Historical ToursArt ToursHalf-day ToursCultural & Theme ToursTours & SightseeingRomeHistorical Tours - Lake BraccianoArt Tours - Lake BraccianoHalf-day Tours - Lake BraccianoHistorical Tours - Lake BolsenaArt Tours - Lake BolsenaHalf-day Tours - Lake BolsenaHistorical Tours - OrvietoArt Tours - OrvietoHalf-day Tours - OrvietoCategory
National Museum of 21st-Century Art (MAXXI)Piazzale Giuseppe GaribaldiHouse of Augustus (Casa di Augusto)Rome Leonardo da Vinci Museum (Museo Leonardo da Vinci)Arch of Titus (Arco di Tito)Temple of Caesar (Tempio di Cesare)Triton Fountain (Fontana del Tritone)Villa MediciBasilica of Santa Maria del Popolo (Basilica di Santa Maria del Popolo)Piazza del PopoloBasilica of St. John Lateran (Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano)Church of Our Lady of the Conception of the Capuchins (Santa Maria della Concezione dei Capucchini)Madama Palace (Palazzo Madama)Paciotti SalumeriaFontana dell'Acqua PaolaQuartiere CoppedèRome Via del CorsoOdescalchi Castle (Castello Odescalchi)Catacombs of Rome (Catacombe di Roma) Rome Basilica di Santi Giovanni e Paolo