Explore our promoted experiences
- Comprehensive tour of ancient Rome's highlights
- Visit the Colosseum, the Roman Forum, and Palatine Hill
- Skip-the-line entry at the Colosseum
- Small tour group of 15 people or fewer means personalized attention from your guide
- Headsets to hear your guide clearly
Departure & Return
Meet your guide at the entrance of Colle Oppio Park on the corner of Via di Terme di Tito and Via Nicola Salvi. The entrance is opposite Oppio caffè. Colle Oppio Park is located on the corner of Via di Terme di Tito and Via Nicola Salvi.
In the Roman Forum.
What To Expect
Walk around the first and second tiers of this Rome landmark, learning about the basic facts as well as some more esoteric knowledge, such as the hand signals that emperors used to condemn combatants and the daily lives of the gladiators.
Head for the commercial and political heart of the empire: the Roman Forum. On the way, pass Temple of the Vestal Virgins, the final resting place of emperor Julius Caesar and the arch of Constantine.
Trek up to the top of Palatine Hill, where you pause to hear the legend of Romulus and Remus, the mythological twins who founded Rome. Through our guide's commentary, come to a better understanding of the importance of this once-great empire.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- The Colosseum is subject to occasional closures. Please provide us with detailed contact information in case we need to reschedule your tour
- The Colosseum has changed its admission policy to ensure that only 3,000 people are allowed within the amphitheater at any given time, meaning much less crowding during busy periods. Although our tickets are pre-booked with Skip the Line access, this may mean a slight delay on entering if capacity has already been reached. We expect that the instances of this will be limited but ask for your patience if you travel on a busy day and are affected by this unavoidable circumstance. In all, it should make for a much nicer experience for all (and longer general access lines!).
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- From August 6th 2021, all Italy sites we visit will require clients and guides alike to provide proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test completed within 48 hours prior to entry. They will also require a legal form of ID matching the vaccination or test results. More info on the Italian Government website
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY Walks - Italy, Spain & Greece
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms