Are you interested in?
St. Peter's Basilica (Basilica di San Pietro) Tours
1070 Tours & Activities
3038 Tours & Activities
Tours, Sightseeing & Cruises
5822 Tours & Activities
2 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Combine several of Rome's most-visited highlights—climbing St. Peter's Dome and the interior of the Basilica on a single tour with a guide. You'll also get the rare chance to visit the the papal crypts and the vatacombs, stops that aren't typically included on standard tours. This tour includes a lot of stairs, and although there are plenty of rest breaks, it is best for those in decent physical shape. As you explore the sites, you'll learn about the Vatican's history and religious significance.
- Climb the stairs to the top of St. Peter's Basilica dome
- Comprehensive tour with a guide teaches travelers about the history and religious meaning
- Access to the papal crypts and vatacombs
- Art historian guide provides expert commentary
Saved to wishlist!
Unique experience at the summit of St. Peter's Dome with an expert Vatican tour guide
Take your time to reach the top with some stairs but mostly elevator!
Incredible views of Rome and far beyond which most visitors to the Vatican never see
Fast track entrance then comprehensive guided tour of the remarkable structures inside St. Peter's
Be left bereft by astonishing works of art and architecture
Wander around peaceful Papal sarcophagi to conclude
Food and drink
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Departure & Return
Departure PointLargo del Colonnato, 1, 00193 Roma RM, Italy
Return DetailsPiazza Papa Pio XII, 1, 00193 Roma RM, Italy
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- On days immediately surrounding religious holidays at the Vatican, alterations to tours may become necessary due to partial closings of areas normally included in this tour. In the event that the Papal tombs beneath St. Peter's Basilica are closed, the tour of the Basilica itself will be extended and no refunds made
- Dome climb is a moderate+ exertion activity undertaken in a short space of time. Please be aware of this before you book
- Bring a small bottle of water with you for dome climb
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Maximum 15 travelers on this tour, hand sanitizer made available (we will provide), mandatory mask-wearing on the tour (bring your own)
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
- OPERATED BY When In Rome Tours
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during The Original St. Peter's Dome Climb, Basilica & Vatacombs?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during The Original St. Peter's Dome Climb, Basilica & Vatacombs?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during The Original St. Peter's Dome Climb, Basilica & Vatacombs?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during The Original St. Peter's Dome Climb, Basilica & Vatacombs?
The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
Product code: 5831P86
Explore Similar Things to Do
4WD ToursSporting EventsCity ToursExtremeWalking ToursHistorical ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursSightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesLuxury & Special OccasionsTours & SightseeingRome4WD Tours - Lake BraccianoSporting Events - Lake BraccianoCity Tours - Lake BraccianoExtreme - Lake BraccianoWalking Tours - Lake BraccianoHistorical Tours - Lake Bracciano4WD Tours - Lake BolsenaSporting Events - Lake BolsenaCity Tours - Lake BolsenaExtreme - Lake BolsenaWalking Tours - Lake BolsenaHistorical Tours - Lake Bolsena4WD Tours - AssisiSporting Events - AssisiCity Tours - AssisiExtreme - AssisiWalking Tours - AssisiHistorical Tours - AssisiCategory
Basilica of the Holy Cross in Jerusalem (Basilica di Santa Croce in Gerusalemme)Palatine Museum (Museo del Palatino)Villa FarnesinaBaths of Caracalla (Terme di Caracalla)Turtle Fountain (Fontana delle Tartarughe)Church of Saint Ignatius of Loyola (Chiesa di Sant'Ignazio di Loyola)Santi Cosma e Damiano Church (Chiesa dei Santi Cosma e Damiano)Portico of Octavia (Portico di Ottavia)Hydromania Saint Angelo Bridge Methodist Church (Chiesa Metodista di Ponte Sant'Angelo) Piazza BarberiniParco del Colle OppioPiazza del PopoloTemple of Caesar (Tempio di Cesare)La PietàOdescalchi Castle (Castello Odescalchi)Aqueduct Park (Parco degli Acquedotti)Janiculum Hill (Gianicolo)Oratorio di San Francesco Saverio del CaravitaRome Olympic Stadium (Stadio Olimpico)